What is Your "Bucket List"? Name 5+ Things You Want To Do Before You Kick The Bucket?

1. forgive the cliche but... world (and backyard) peace (which is going to involve eradicating poverty and corruption, increasing education for developing countries and a greater appreciation for life and understanding of others from people in developed countries)

2. daylight savings and extended trading hours for WA! yep - we still don't have them.

3. Win the lottery and forget about all this property investing hoo-ha (it's a wish list after all)

4. While we're at it, sure, walking on the moon would be pretty cool, I wonder if it would be better than snowboarding...

5. To go back in time to the year 0 and get the facts.

1) Move back to Brisbane
2) Experience my kids growing up and getting to know their relatives
3) Travel around Aus
4) Go overseas every couple of years
5) Grow all of our own fruit and vegetables (halfway there)
6) After next property boom my hubby can retire and has promised to do all cooking :)
7) Do lots of fishing
8) Learn to paint or take up ceramics again
9) I've always wanted to start-up a cafe (if I get bored enough)
10) Volunteer work for community (possibly aged care) and environment

... never waste a woody.....ooops..sorry...lol Classic movie...:)

...back to the list...

1) Live far away from mainstream on a deserted island, no internet, no TV, no houses, no loans, no trafick, no spellcheck, no hassels......no footy even...!

2) Row down the Nile.....yes row...

3) Do the full skydiving course and dive as many times as I can afford till something goes wrong....it won't...and will send me broke..:rolleyes:

4) Travel in China....way out the back of China that is....not the cities.

5) Own the Cook Island 'Aitutaki' and bring number 1) to fruition......

6) If I am lucky enough to gain at least one of these then it goes without saying that I would be (and already do) helping someone least fortunate than I along the way.

Some very inspiring dreams in this thread. Have borrowed a couple for my own list, which seems to get longer by the day.

Some of the goals already on my list, are that;

• I will go white-water rafting in New Zealand by June 2009
    • I will spend St Patrick's Day in Ireland by June 2010
    • I will swim with great white sharks in South Africa by June 2011
    • I will spend Oktoberfest in Germany by June 2012
    • I will hang over the edge of the Devil's Swimming Pool in Zimbabwe by June 2013
    • I will speak French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian by June 2014
    • I will go sailing in the Mediterranean by June 2015
I am curious, though, if anyone else has actually determined their dreams to become goals; and set dates and stepping stones for them? Or, are these just 'one day, maybe' type things...?

1. I will become financially independent.
2. I will attain a black belt in a martial art.
3. I will backpack across the entire globe experiencing as many different things as possible.
4. I will own a Pagani Zonda and take it around the Nurburgring :)
5. I will constantly strive for happiness within myself, friends & family.

James GG:
I am curious, though, if anyone else has actually determined their dreams to become goals; and set dates and stepping stones for them? Or, are these just 'one day, maybe' type things...?

Yes, whatever I dream to do, I have done or it eventuates. Actually have done some of your bucket list, great fun. Great, great gggggreat fun. Beautiful people to hang out with, terrific experiences.

I don't structure them, or date them as such, just create them, toss them out there and then ...hold onto your girdle Myrtle.

Life is a high.

I got lots on my list :D

The #1 is to see how far I can get travelling across europe without any money

also would like

BRW rich list, Fortune and Time magazine placements
fall in love
financial independance
philanthropy
gain a Doctorate from a prestigious uni
skydive (even though I hate heights)
swim with sharks (even though I can't swim)
see what it feels like to own my own leerjet (even though I hate flying), super yacht (even though I get seasick) and lambourghini/ferrari
own an NBA team
unify quantum physics with general relativity or some other monumentous discovery in physics

Good question. Apart from all the soppy obvious ones that everyone who's married or a parent aspires to, these are some of mine:

1. Climb Mt Everest
2. Sail a Sydney-Hobart (done)
3. Develop a unit complex (in motion)
4. Write a book and get published (might follow 3. above)
5. Buy a cruiser and sail around the world (might also follow 3. above)

I love having checklists... ;)

Cheers,
Michael

This is one area I have been so lucky in life with. Most of my dreams have somehow stumbled over me or vice versa , right through.

I'm only in my 40's but I have managed every dream I've ever had and there were plenty , far more than most due to my nature and upbringing.

But it's had it's price so while most people my age were missing out through building their security - but dreaming of the things I was actually doing and living , I missed out on one of the most basic in any life .

Really all we want to do now is to build up a nice property and home and some security. Oh and to be able to afford a decent holiday every year .

There really isn't five things left but eh , always loved the idea of a small vine yard as a hobby too , haven't done that one yet .

Cheers

1) Have a threesome....
2) ...in my mansion on my massive property...
3) ...and on my massive boat...
4) ...whilst being healthy enough to enjoy it...
5) ...and to find those 2 fantastic people worthy of it all...and that can put up with me.
Mwahahaha.

hi all
what is a dream
its something you strive for and you aim for and you must have a dream
without a dream you can't achieve.
a dream is some thing you want its a passion it a force that you want to get to it the same as the guy wanting to climb that mountain.
you may get there or you might not but you wish that before you kick that bucket you have a good chance of getting there.
so maybe my dream is the same as this bucket maybe not.
I have a couple of driving forces
one is to change around the current positition of the aboriginal communities to make them have the capacity to stand on their own to feet without having grants to support them.
its to create a corporate entity that will bring together the land councils and produce a corporate entity that will strive to bring these communities into the modern world without the loss of is base
hard job yes but there is amway disk by a guy called louie carrillo
called a man with a dream will never be denied
if you ever get an amway person talk to you
ask to listen to this disk its a great disk and you will then know what your dream is.
and you will understand the difference of a wish and a dream.
and they are very different.
the other thing you have to do is work out the 5 things you wish for and thats a bit difficult if you have most of want you want.
when you sit down and work out what you want you will find that most come into a few areas.
financial
time
family
and community
and have a real look there is no money in it at all.
money is the petrol not the vehicle.
you need to understand or move the vehicle the way you want
in the case of my dream we are just constructing the vehicle.
the fuel will come once its complete.
I have lots of things I wish for but most of those are with regards to family and they are not for a board.

I would like to have 2 dreams rarther then 5 wishes.
and I have my 2
hope you all well

Happy and healthy family
live overseas and learn a different language
Become a professional musician
continue to take risks and "keep out of comfort zone"
build a house with limited help from tradies

4 Things in no particular order

* Loose weight and keep it off
* Buy a Wakesetter and learn to Wake Board
* Finish My Project Show Car
* Go To The Sema Show and watch the Ridler Awards/Judging

1. Climb Mt Everest

Wow, that's a big one. how serious are you really?

I'm fascinated with doing things like that. Mountain climbers and Antarctic explorers especially. Read and watch anything I can get. I'm fascinated in how much pain and exhaustion humans are capable of enduring.

But it's also something I'd never do, as I know I'd never be able to endure that sort of pain. It's also something I'd only do if I had no family, as there is a fair chance of death. Must be weird walking past all those frozen dead bodies on the way up.:eek:

See ya's.

We've gotta get outta this place

Not after much,

1) Get a great woman who likes boats and the cruising lifestyle, but not marriage or children (Done)

2) Get a nice catamaran and sail it hard and fast anytime I want, anywhere I want, with her by my side (Done for years and much more to come)

3) Progress onwards into a large, economical, comfortable, liveaboard catamaran with very cold refrigeration and the power to run it, to continue those adventures (well on the way,almost there)

4) Get a draw full of "Stuff" providing a comfortable lifestyle on said vessel (almost there)

5) Stop work , clean out all the crap and live out our days floating around, catching and eating crays, fish, crabs and oysters, having an endless supply of drink when required, seeing great places and meeting good people again (We can see it, can almost touch and taste it)

Simple really;)

Dave

Not after much,

1) Get a great woman who likes boats and the cruising lifestyle, but not marriage or children (Done)

2) Get a nice catamaran and sail it hard and fast anytime I want, anywhere I want, with her by my side (Done for years and much more to come)

3) Progress onwards into a large, economical, comfortable, liveaboard catamaran with very cold refrigeration and the power to run it, to continue those adventures (well on the way,almost there)

4) Get a draw full of "Stuff" providing a comfortable lifestyle on said vessel (almost there)

5) Stop work , clean out all the crap and live out our days floating around, catching and eating crays, fish, crabs and oysters, having an endless supply of drink when required, seeing great places and meeting good people again (We can see it, can almost touch and taste it)

Simple really;)

Dave

Dave,

one of my other bucket list things is the "sail around the Whitsundays" on the big cat with few special friends and all the chillun', drinking, swimming, eating, sunning.....aaaah!

You sould like you're livin' that holiday! Nicely done.

Are you an aquarian by chance?

Just one thought I had; how do you combine working and living offshore?

Back