What is Your "Bucket List"? Name 5+ Things You Want To Do Before You Kick The Bucket?

4 Things in no particular order

* Loose weight and keep it off
* Buy a Wakesetter and learn to Wake Board
* Finish My Project Show Car
* Go To The Sema Show and watch the Ridler Awards/Judging

I am well on my way to loosing weight.

I have lost 1 top and pants size in the last 4 weeks so i have rewarded myself.

I have just sent an application to SEMA to get a ticket to the invite only show.

LAS VEGAS in Novemer..... Goal is to loose another 2-3 pants top sizes by then. Just hope SEMA approve my application.

I agree Thorpey:D

I could buy that baby now but i have other priorities....like my family LOL.....who'd have kids huh? :D Its a bit down the priority list according to my wife. :(

That's a great deal considering it's drive away no more to pay....:D

Here's a quick calc. If i bought that on my LOC it would cost approx $100 per day. That's about my beer budget :rolleyes: LOL...chump change for a car like that.

That would look and feel a lot better than carrying a briefcase full of money up there. And i just couldn't bring myself to write a cheque (cash) for it. But OMG!! its sex on wheels. No, its everything on wheels for a car/motorbike nut.

I recognise your passion for cars/bikes but that ain't for me...not really into material things in a big way.....this is my one bucket list item...

Live here with all the time in the world:
aitutaki_aerial.jpg

That is certainly beautiful. Quanto Costa? More than the Aston?

I recognise your passion for cars/bikes but that ain't for me...not really into material things in a big way.....this is my one bucket list item...

Live here with all the time in the world:
View attachment 5063

ok, you just want to live there. i thought you wanted to buy it. :D

Had to have a think about this, because my original dream was to have a wife and child, and live in a nice house with new modern cars, and I've now done that.

So, my top 5:
1) Raise a happy, healthy and balanced son
2) Become truly financially independent of needing to work
3) See Europe, slowly
4) Make my 75th wedding anniversary (my grandparents are 3 years off their 70th!!)
5) Become the kind old man with the wise eyes who smiles and laughs a lot.

The problem with the bucket list is it keeps changing as I do them but I did start with about 10 and have done a few.

Some of the main ones accomplished.

Spend a year travel around the world to certain countries I'm interested in.(done)

Have a RR worth over 100K.(done)

Acquire enough properties to support the lifestyle I like to live.(done, I live cheaply)

Find a lovely woman to spend the rest of my life with.(done)

Have a child.(done)

See the sun set and rise from Mt.Fuji. (Done)

Swim with whales and dolphins. (Done)

Some not accomplished yet.

Two from the original list that haven't happened is to see my children/child get married and have children.

Donate 100K to charity during my life.(very close)

Spend 2-5 years just travelling around OZ. (Hopefully will happen from next year)

I am well on my way to loosing weight.

I have lost 1 top and pants size in the last 4 weeks so i have rewarded myself.

I have just sent an application to SEMA to get a ticket to the invite only show.

LAS VEGAS in Novemer..... Goal is to loose another 2-3 pants top sizes by then. Just hope SEMA approve my application.

This is my first year in many that I'm missing SEMA. The other 1/2 is still going, although only because he HAS to. Pack comfortable walking shoes and be prepared to do LOTS of walking....we worked it out that if you were to walk past every trade stand you'd walk 4 or 5 marathons in the 4 days the show runs.

Make sure your camera has plenty of spare memory - taking a couple of hundred pic's a day is the norm, and also that you have PLENTY of room in your suitcase to pack all the magazines you'll collect from magazine alley :) I usually bring home 40-50 different mag's (all current) for my nephews.

Cheers
Buddybee

That is certainly beautiful. Quanto Costa? More than the Aston?

ok, you just want to live there. i thought you wanted to buy it. :D

Reckon she'd cost a bit.....

alas...like I said ...not too fussed on materials...but kickin' around this island beachcombing, catch a fish, grow some tucker, maybe get a bit involved in the local culture....far from the maddening crowds and traffic....it'd be like living way back in the past i reckon...slower and far more relaxed...maybe I'm just lazy...:confused:

But we've got to make a pile to achieve it so bangin' away still.....:rolleyes:

What a great question, and one that really needs pondering.
But off the top of my head.

5. Die of old age.

:)
Lily

Good on you Lily

When I had the shop I sold a lot of Feng Shui items

The Five Blessings I sold most of were:

Health
Wealth
Happiness
A Love of Virtue, and
A Natural Death.

Sounds good to me!

If we lives our lives honourably, then we will always be healthy in spirit, wealthy in material things sufficient to our needs, happy, virtuous and hopefully avoid the proverbial bus and die peacefully in our own beds.

What's on my bucket list? I don't have a bucket list. Each day is precious, each day unique. I achieved my entire bucket list by the age of 42 at great personal cost to myself. Since then, as I have watched my children grow into caring, socially responsible and politically aware, financially independent and happy young adults I realise that the rest is simply a bonus.

All the doodads in the world do not create peace of mind or love in our hearts.

Health, Wealth, Happiness and a Love of Virtue: The Natural Death is yet to come but having attended to a terminally ill relative of my own age, if God sees fit to also grant me a Natural Death then I will consider this a life well lived.

On that cheerful note!

Kristine

"The Bucket List" starring Jack Nicholson & Morgan Freeman opens in cinemas Thursday & I can't wait to see it. Here's a movie trailer if you're interested.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=OltHNarHA9A

So what are 5 or more things you want to do before you kick the bucket??

Here's my top 5+ list (not in order):

1) See my best friend again
2) Fall in love again & experience this magnificent journey with them
3) Hold an exhibition of my artwork at a well-known art gallery in a capital city
4) See the world - Travel to a different part of the world each year for 6 months at a time & also photograph each place, each experience, etc
5) Design & build homes for a living & showcase them for all to see (including designing & building one unique home each year to live in)
6) Contribute to helping others less fortunate than me

My list above details a variety of things for each actual point; without being very specific. So what's the "Bucket List" for you? Be specific or a bit varied as I have. Enjoy! :)
Always wanted to see a World Class mountain car rally,went down the Tweed Valley mid last week set up a camp site on a mate's property that front's the first section out from Uki at Beryrl creek,i did not know at the time that several people intended to stop the rally about a mile from my campsite,I only saw the first three cars powered through the 2 sharp bends and spin out on the next bend,next then all the police on bikes in buses and in choppers in the air try and stop all the people throwing
road kill,big rocks onto the dirt road,so they stopped that section of the race,and blocked all the roads so we could not get out,till late that afternoon when the Nsw Police let us back out who BTW did a excellent job in the way the sorted out the people that stuffed everything up..:rolleyes:...that's one off the list..willair..

Hi evand

No, certainly not.

Our birthright is to have all the Blessings - this is a World of Abundance and we can have it all. The only thing that stops us is ourselves.

We can be wealthy and charitable - in fact, most of the 'good givers' are the richest people. Andrew Carnegie was famously quoted as saying 'He who dies rich, dies disgraced', meaning that to hoard wealth is a miserable and dishonourable thing.

Spending puts the money into circulation (Think: Stimulus Package!). There was quite a scandal when Alan Bond reportedly spent (British Pounds) 40,000 on his Daughter's wedding.

How wonderful to have 40,000 pounds to spend! The work that provided for other people and the happiness of the occasion would have been worth every penny.

40,000 pounds sitting in a jar would not have made one person happy. Money has to be out in circulation to be of any good at all.

I bought a brand new Saab when I was 26. The darn thing was a lemon. Bits, literally, fell off it while I was driving along. My happiness with that flash car was very short lived.

Conversely, I have had my 1993 Mitsubishi Starwagon from new and nothing has ever fallen off it - except a 10 litre can of paint which fell out the side door and splashed spectacularly over me!

Having a car at all makes me happy. And I do want to be able to pay my way right through and not put my hand out for the pension, and I take great pleasure in my properties and all those material things, and of course I'd like to see the pyramids and the Chrysler Building and do the Frank Lloyd Wright tours, but perhaps I just now take it as said that I can do whatever I want to do without making a list.

And all of those things will share the benefits around, but no one thing would be my dying wish.

OK, so here are some of the things which were on my Bucket List:

Buy my own property
Marry someone nice
Have at least one child
Stand for and be elected to Government
Own and operate my own business
See The Most Haunted House in England
See a Chalk Figure
See Stonehenge

Did all that, except that Borley Rectory had been burnt down many years before so didn't get to see it, although did visit where it had been (next to the Borley Church!)

Everything else is a bonus

But now that you mention it ....

the Frank Lloyd Wright tour has been playing on my mind ....

(I'll send you a postcard!!!)

Cheers
Kristine

How wonderful to have 40,000 pounds to spend! The work that provided for other people and the happiness of the occasion would have been worth every penny.

40,000 pounds sitting in a jar would not have made one person happy. Money has to be out in circulation to be of any good at all.
I agree with you that money has to be in circulation, but that's a false dichotomy. :p He could have spent that 40,000 pounds in any number of ways; "jar" and "extravagant wedding" weren't the only two options. ;)

When you strip it back to basics, spending money is simply a way of "voting" for how the planet should exert its collective labour. Labour will obviously move to being applied to those things that people "vote" for (by spending their money on it), and away from those things that people don't express a willingness to pay for.

Therefore, spending money is in many ways a deeply political act with profound ethical implications.

Spending money on extravagant weddings votes for labour to be transferred into the wedding industry. Is this labour better used organising fancy weddings, or would it be preferable to use it caring for the sick and elderly?

I'm not presenting this as a judgement, or getting on my high horse, because nearly every spending decision that I make would cause me to cringe in view of this test. :eek: I'm merely presenting a viewpoint that has influenced my thinking, and which I hope stimulates yours. :)

I do think we should at least be cognisant of the concept that spending money is a political act with associated social responsibilities. I don't view my money as something that I "own" and have an absolute, unfettered right to direct, free of ethical implications. Money merely gives me a certain number of votes, and as somebody who, on a global scale, has a relatively large number of votes, I feel a need to be responsible in how I cast them, particularly because those who most need a voice have the fewest votes. :(

* Live in a home designed by an architect for me, with no compromises (I don't want a particularly extravagant home, but I want the luxury of avoiding a single compromise due to budget)
* Spend at least 6 months living in Damascus (old city - thanks charttv for a contact ;)) and improving my Arabic
* Visit the many places I want to go to (in no particular order) - India, Turkey, Iceland, Cuba, Egypt (done), Morocco (done), Yemen, Iran, Israel, Spain, Scandinavia, Russia...
* Raise happy, well-adjusted, ethical children, and have them out-live me
* Have healthy relationships with my friends and family, keep in touch with them, visit them often, and cherish them each and every day
* Have one organisation, act, or product that I've created which leaves the world a better place

I'd better get cracking!

1. Visit the following places:
Egypt (done)
Gallipoli battle fields for ANZAC Day dawn service (done)
Greek Island (done, but could do again and again and.....)
UK (done, done, done)
Ireland (done in fleeting visit)
Hawaii (done)
New York (done)
LA and Las Vegas
Machu Pichu
India
Thailand

2. See the Aurora Borealis at least once or maybe Aurora Australis is more realistic.

3. Build and design my dream home on a block large enough to have heaps of veggie gardens, chooks etc (have block, house about 3 years away:confused:)

4. Get married and have children (done)

5. Be my own boss

6. Become an Architect (done 1 of 2 degrees needed but cant afford to go back to uni, may be too old now. Will probably have to let this one go - double:()

7. Help to stop child labour and exploitation.

8. Live and work O/S

9. Die of old age and have no regrets on my death bed.

Oh I just realised it was only 5 things.:D

1. Travel all over Europe and live in Austria or Switzerland for a year.
2. Skydive
3. Fly a 747
4. Play piano to a professional level
5. Have a close relationship with my niece and nephew

Actually there is one more achievement I would like, technically it perhaps requires 2 points of doing:

1. Train the winner of the Interdominion (harness racing) while dual code licenced and train also;

2. The winner of the (thoroughbred) Melbourne Cup.

Back