What is your current borrowing rate?

Is it normal to get a discount from the SVR if you're only borrowing about $240k? I thought the only way to get discounts were through professional packages but it seems like people are getting them even without them?? I'm currently on 6.91% with anz breakfree and I feel as though I'm getting ripped off as a 0.5% discount is pretty poor if people are getting this or more by negotiation anyway! Although I'm still ahead at the moment as they waived a few fees for certain things...

Is it normal to get a discount from the SVR if you're only borrowing about $240k? I thought the only way to get discounts were through professional packages but it seems like people are getting them even without them?? I'm currently on 6.91% with anz breakfree and I feel as though I'm getting ripped off as a 0.5% discount is pretty poor if people are getting this or more by negotiation anyway! Although I'm still ahead at the moment as they waived a few fees for certain things...

Hi Art

THere are lenders that do rats lower than this regardless of volume.

Adelaide bank 6.74 with offset

Choicelend 6.65 no offset

and a few others

ta
rolf

Hi Jon,

How are you getting the extra .1% off?

I've got the wealth package and on max discount (+750k burrowing) and on 6.66 all property related loans

My broker got it, but I don't think he did anything special, we initially had borrowings of about 900k, at the standard 70 point discount, and when we bought another house and went over the $1.5m mark they increased the discount to 80 points.

That's good, is it an introductory 12 month rate or for the life of the loan?

We sit a fixed amount above the reserve rate.

The terms were set when we first established the loan 12 years ago and it has served us well.

Mind you, St George are continually trying to encourage us to close this line of credit with some great some 6 months rates but we are not silly.

We also only pay $5 a month in fees and have a free valuation every 5 years.

Mind you, the customer service is atricious and we have twice has the area manager having to come to the house to drop off documents twice the year alone.

For a bank that advertises it customer service, we really see it.

Back