what sort of carpet to use for IP?

Hi, we are thinking of putting in new carpet to attract better quality of tenant in one of our IPs, but don't obivously want to spend too much. Can someone please recommend what's a better type of carpet to use for IP? I mean what sort of carpet is more tenante -proof. or even better, does anyone know a place wherere we can get carpet for reasonable price but good quality? my PM has recommended 50% wool rather than using acrylic carpet.

Thanks in advance.

When we replace the carpet we use commercial carpet tiles.

Yes, it is a little more expensive than broadloom, but, with spares left at the property bad stains and damage are easily replaced and it just lasts a lot longer.

On saying that, ceramic tiles in walkways, kitchens and dining rooms are always the better idea.

In one unit i put that wood look vinyl down jsut to replace what was laready there and old.

then a Australian carpet...its was from andersons! If i get the recepit i can get you the brand. It was more expensive then the last bottom dollar one but better quality and long time gurantee etc. And i haggled! Gatton has Andersons head office and the manager gives good discounts!

I have new lino and carpet. (3 rooms carpet rest lino floor board look, plus tiles to the kitchen and bath room). Including all the rip up, install and disposal etc and pictures emailed to my work etc for $2700 add new kitchen and vanity and light fittings and a 6k reno added 30k value.

And its personal choice. Some houses in Bulimba in brisbane when i worked as a PM for ray white were VERY hard to rent as tenants didnt like all tiles in most areas as they are cold and slippery and actually dont hide mess very well, they need constant mopping to be clean. So its all personal choice or on how and what you feel suits the property.

I use mid priced (mid quality) industrial carpet in my IP's that are carpeted, mostly in Vic.
Pick a neutral tone with a fleck thru it and as Goldilock's would prefer, not too dark, but not too light.

In NSW and Qld my IP's are mostly tiled.

Go for a polyprop carpet, it is very hard wearing and next to impossible to stain. Only big problem with it is that if it gets burned it melts, so even dragging a big furniture item over it can cause perm damage.

We have a cheap, not-wool (I have no idea what it is) mid-brown flecky carpet here. The local 'rental special'. It looks quite nice too.

Depending on the property, we use floorboards - bamboo, wood or timber Impressions whenever we need carpet replacing. Looks attractive, is warmer than tiles, good for allergies and has much less wear than carpets.

Sisal style carpet - its cheap, durable and looks reasonable.

Attachments

• DSC01356.JPG
    DSC01356.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 81
We use hard wearing polypop carpet.
Costs around $1000 to do 3 bedrooms.
We choose a mid-range mottled self-colour to hide minor stains that inevitably occur.
Marg

I got a hard wearing carpet so it would look ok and take the wear and tear of tenants easily.
Now we are moving back and what before looked acceptable is now not accepatable becuase the carpet just looks too harsh,

A good professional clean on a high quality carpet will often reguvinate.
For makeing the property appealing i think a carpet should be invitng. maybe require a lease to have the carpet professionally cleaned at the end of the lease.

Back