what to buy CP under

under what arrangement do you buy your CIPs?

im assuming most have trusts and or companies set up.

also any info that swayed you to make these choices?

just trying to get my head around a few things now so i can start planning. cheers

From my understanding trusts are the most popular vehicles used for commercial properties. It's because trusts allow you to access the capital gain discount (if the beneficiaries are individuals) upon sale and can allow flexible distribution of income (in the case of hybrid/discretionary trusts). These benefits are particularly important for commercial properties because of the significantly larger sums involved for both income and capital gains.

under what arrangement do you buy your CIPs?

Both my accountant and solicitor told me that out there, there are some wickedly wickedly evil accountants and solicitors out there that will strip everything off you that you've worked your entire life for, if you are not careful.

Both my accountant and solicitor recommended to protect myself as much as possible from other accountants and solicitors that we should set up trusts.

Of course, it costs a packet to set up with the solicitor and administer with the accountant, but both my accountant and solicitor reckon it's really really good value.

Both my accountant and solicitor specifically excluded themselves from this group that they are trying to protect me from....I tried to get a second opinion but they were all part of this group....there are some wickedly wickedly evil accountants and solicitors out there that will strip everything off you

Good to see you still harping on about the evils of other professions yet continuing to delude yourself you are the same as you take their advice. You are truly a hypocrite. Look in the mirror dazz you proclaim to be all so innocent in this yet read through your past posts where you praise the clauses put in by your lawyers allowing you to achieve market rents rather than CPI. You took their advice and yet claim them to be evil. You have this dual side to you which is evident by you coming and going and praising people one day and criticizing them the next. I hope I never have the unfortunate pleasure of meeting you.

And if you think I only say this because this is the Internet them next time your are in Sydney drop by and I will tell you the same thing to your face. I'm not afraid of you at all.

They are humorous. If only it wasn't what he really thought about many from those professions.

It doesn't bother me if Dazz really did dislike accountants, lawyers, barristers, doctors, architects or whoever. It is the fact that he talks about how effective his lease clauses are which were drawn up by prominent lawyers and barristers.

He rarely gives credit to those who assisted him in protecting his fortune yet continually disparages them. It would be no different than someone criticising engineers for a particular trait and then not crediting them for the success of their input into the venture.

This is what I find hypocritical about Dazz and his comments. People try to say they are being funny but they are usually the same people who make jokes about disabled people and say "ohh you don't have a sense of humour". They pretend to use humour to bring down others. It is a sneaky way of disparaging others and you get the added benefit of saying someone else doesn't have a sense of humour so it makes it look like the other person is tight. Smart strategy. Seen it used many times and Dazz uses it well.

So every time I read a post from Dazz now I should expect to see I response from coastymike that is unrelated to the OP post but rather just a self-gratifying rant and a somewhat personal attack.

I would prefer you open a new topic maybe with a title of “Why I hate Dazz and am not scared of him!” so I can simply avoid it.

It reminds me of the a few of those “Why I hate Nathan!" posts.

I am sure Dazz, in his own special way, was just recommending using trusts to protect ones assets so if all goes wrong and your have not used a trust setup then legally all your assets can be at risk..............but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
Wow - I'm glad that was for information purposes only !!

Not quite sure how I managed to leap from recommending trusts to abusing disabled people ??

Mike, yes there have been times when I have read Dazz’s comments as being a bit caustic towards a post. On my observation, it is when some one is trying to take an easy path, not put the home work in themselves, and have people hold their hands. If he disagrees, then the comments may also ruffle a feather or 2. Mmm, I think he took a pot shot at me on one occasion. Don’t know why, as my mum thinks I am a good bloke.
Sorry, I did on this occasion read his comments, as a bit self deprecating and trying to let you know that the reason that your advisers say what they do, is because when they represent the other side, that is what they do … they represent the other side. I read it as saying, employ the ones who are good at their craft. That to me is a commendation of their profession, in a system that they did not create. Remember, we do not have a justice system, we have a legal system. When you deal with big boys they bring out their big friends.
Dazz has experiences that we may all yet enjoy, so look through his posts to learn from them, I believe many have. Just hope that your adviser is not up against his adviser …. Grin.

Back