What to do with the Workplace & safety for the IP?

Hi,
We have an IP in a duplex which has a body corporate setup.
It was agreed that a Workplace & safety report should be obtained for the duplex. It has now come back with some minor issues such as the hose should be rolled up as it is a trip hazard. Another issue was that our tenant has a shoe-rack outside the door which is also a trip hazard.

What I am not sure about is what is my responsibility? Say someone actually trip on any of this items and hurt themselves am I liable?

I am considering sending the report to the real-estate agent who can then forward it to the tenant.

Thanks,
johk

Body Corporate should have liability insurance for these events - depending on if these items are in the area which the BC controls.

If the area is not BC controlled then it falls under the liability insurance of the duplex.

Do make sure you have appropriate insurances.

Send the report to your PM to advise the Tenant of the issues but your Tenant might just fall on the ground laughing - or they will try and improve the risk.

Thanks for getting back,

The body crop has insurances inplace and so do we :)

Is it necessary for a body corp to do Workplace & safety report?

Thanks,
johk

Thanks for getting back,

The body crop has insurances inplace and so do we :)

Is it necessary for a body corp to do Workplace & safety report?

Thanks,
johk

I've never heard of anyone getting one but I'm not really up on Body Corporate requirements.

thanks mate,

My concern is that if I ignore this and something happens...
I will forward the Workplace & safety report to PM and ask them to send it on to tenant. As you said they will probably have a good laugh.

Cheer,

Back