What to do with this agent

I am looking for some advice with regards to my latest purchase.

Background: Have place 2 offers on 2 different properties with 2 different agents, offers accepted, B&P reports done and contracts signed by me only to have the vendors 1. go off and sign a contract with a higher bidder and 2. decide not to sell until spring.

I am now in the offer accepted, deposit placed with agent and waiting for contracts to be forwarded to my solicitor for property number 3.

Two weeks on and despite telephone calls and emails, nothing has happened.

This is an area that I am keen on buying in and have only found 3 acceptable properties in the last 6 months. I also do not want to spend any more on B&M reports not to mention travel and associated costs.

Part of the offer was that the premises were to be taken off the market and yet the agent continues to have open inspections.

Should I retract my offer and walk away or is there a way to push this matter forward. I.e. should I contact the Vendors solicitor directly.

You advise is appreciated and I have never had this problem before.

So you have signed the offer? Do you have an copy of the offer signed by the vendor? Cooling off period starts as soon as you have that and a vendor disclosure statement.

Technically you can cool off whenever you want.

what is causing the delay?

Communication is the only thing I can think of to get the matter pushed through.

Sorry. Property is in NSW

If you are buying property in NSW, then I have absolutley zero idea why on earth you would be paying for P&B reports BEFORE the vendor has countersigned and accepted your offer :confused:

You sign and pay a 0.25% depoosit, they sign, you enter into a cooling off period where they cannot pull out (at all, let alone until Spring) or sell to a higher bidder - you hold all the control as purchaser.

You are doing something seriously weird in not following due process.

It sounds to me like you have a verbal acceptance from the vendor and you have signed the contract but they haven't. Do not get inspections done until the vendor has signed the contract and you are in the cooling off period.

Unfortuantely you need to undertake your due diligence before to finalise your offer in this town.

That is how it has always been done (and that comes from every single agent).

Good news though, pressure their solicitor and have vendor signed contracts for me to sign today.

Thanks for all your help.

Back