What was your quickest property purchase time and what was the outcome?

What was your quickest property purchase time and what was the outcome?

• Over a year, but it was worth the wait, got a bargain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A couple of months, but still got a good deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember about 10 or 20 yrs ago a story in the news about the oldest woman in the world, 126 I think, from France who sold her house to a lawyer on a similar type annuity deal. She outlasted the lawyer. I think it would give you motivation to live for ever!

Similar type deal came accross my desk last week. Elderly client sells her house , all proceeds go into the new house with granny flat so daughter and friend can look after her. No mortgage, life tenancy or the like, just daughter and her friends word. The new house was to be solely in the name of daughter and friend.How many problems can you spot with that?

Emerging area of law called elder abuse.

Keep it as an arms length transaction I say. I've learnt not to rely on the promise of future performance when a party has already been paid. Anyone who deals with a Tradie (or a lawyer for that matter) should know that.

You shouldn't be surprised when you write of deals involving people in different circumstances, and expect to get the same (positive?) responses to those living on your shores.
Monopoly

look into a pool, the water shows first your reflection, then the fish

Response?
Considered argument may be expected, not a stream of invective.
It is defamatory to accuse somebody of criminal and immoral act even in a forum such as this.
Ignorance, not an excuse, inexcusable
you chose how you respond,
I consider that to be indicative of the morals you hide, not the morality you espouse
You, and those who rallied to you, would be vile if you werent insignificant
prejudgement and prejudice, rife among certain kinds

I pity you.

Monopoly

look into a pool, the water shows first your reflection, then the fish

Response?
Considered argument may be expected, not a stream of invective.
It is defamatory to accuse somebody of criminal and immoral act even in a forum such as this.
Ignorance, not an excuse, inexcusable
you chose how you respond,
I consider that to be indicative of the morals you hide, not the morality you espouse
You, and those who rallied to you, would be vile if you werent insignificant
prejudgement and prejudice, rife among certain kinds

I pity you.
Pity me?? If that weren't so funny it would be tragic. Save it for those who you plan to give a better life to (in the name of profit). Do it as I do....gratis....and then we'll talk!!

Look forward to hearing your stories....
I don't often talk about this one ,go back 18 years inner southside Brisbane, when working 14 hours a day,i used too have a system in place hit a fast food outlet at 8 in the morning,have several cups of coffee for the price of one:) and read the papers for free, then back on the chain gang and have another break between 12 and 1 and everyday buy a homemade pie with peas from a old lady that sold the pies on the side of the road at West End one for myself and my Dog,then go and park near a park near the river,so one day there was this Young Lady banging in the for sale sign for a very rundown property,with several feral uni people
renting the place just a few blocks down from where i was parked,just as that happen something very strange happens out of nowhere 0ne quite large "Rainbow "lands about 50mts in the park just near this property, both the agent and myself saw it happen it was there for 30 seconds then gone,so off i go had a quick talk too the agent they wanted 52k,4 bedroom on a very large block, had a quick look around the property not inside because all the tenats were looking out the windows at me and this quite well spoken young lady,this was her first listing,all i said was do you think they might take 49k,she told me upfront they want 50k,within 3 hours after on my hands at the bank the ink was dry on the contract and the property was ours..

We still have that property sometimes it's it just being in the right place at the right time,and having clean "Karma"..willair..

Jaycee,
Good deals are everywhere.
Last year someone put an ad on wanting similar what we are offering.They wanted a family to live with her for free, in exchange for helping her.I believe at the end, she offered them the house.

Elders without family, or estranged family, would be in the most need of our help.

Would you give your mother $60K a year to maintain her $600 k home?
What if you couldn't afford it? Just tell dear old mum to sell and move to a smaller place, right? Never mind what she wants..this is your inheritenace, and your ENTITLED to it. Mum is just so thoughtless.

How is me offering a complete stranger the chance to stay in their own home, for as long as possible bad?
Every life insurance policy is based on the law of averages.
If we could do this for a couple of people it would probably average out.

Since I am such an immoral person,,off to the obituaries to scour the widow/er childless homeowners, left behind.

Where did I share my personal opinion about being ENTITLED to an inheritance ? Don't worry about my mum thanks very much

Hey, you posted something on a forum, people reacted to it. It happens.
Like sash suggested, get a thicker skin.

Last edited:
Back