What will happen to Property prices in VIC..

I think the property market overall is in some trouble so even if you pick a good one it just means you will burn less than everybody else due to your skills at property selection.

Yes possibly, but at some point the broader market will turn again and go back up, and then those who are good enough will be in an even better position than before!

As others have posted, if you believe that the broader property market will fall and continue to fall further and further down for the next >7-10 years (eg. a 40-50% drop in real property values that is sudden, prolonged, sustained) and also similarly impact the majority of individual/local property markets, then convincing you otherwise is completely futile...

Is this what you really expect to happen???

I would think that the 'probability' of this happening is pretty slim, and you're betting instincts will prove you wrong in time.

JIT

Last edited:
Hi all

Yieldmatters,

You would only invest in 1995, with HINDSIGHT.

In 1995, growth in prices had been slow or negative for a few years, yields were low compared to interest rates, and it looked like we were heading into a recession!! Plus everyone just knew that interest rates could easily go up to 17% again.

bye

We bought in 1995. It was on an 18 month settlment (block of land) and the Bank valuation at settlement in August was 10% higher than purchase price.

You still haven't woken up yet to the micro markets Yield. Your loss.

Last edited:
We bought in 1995. It was on an 18 month settlment (block of land) and the Bank valuation at settlement in August was 10% higher than purchase price.

You still haven't woken up yet to the micro markets Yield. Your loss.

Well done - 1995 was a fantastic time to buy. I expect you've done exceptionally well from it.

2. Listen to your own inner trueself. Learn to properly confront your various inner "fears" (False Expectations Appearing Real) with facts and with your own clear mind and logical thinking. In this respect, it may be useful for you to consider using the feedback from the more experienced members in this forum as a guide for your own decision-making. Be self-responsible to make the investing call yourself and be ready to accept the full consequences for your own decision-making, whatever the outcome may be.

Kenneth,
This is true words of wisdom.

Akum,

As human beings, we live with the two basic emotions, fear and greed.

Fear makes us stepping back, shrinking into the cocoon and fighting out with the constant what-if, what-else hypotheses. Fear stops people from following though their plan of actions, no matter how much committed people think they are.

Greed makes us sudden bravados who can do the unthinkable, of which on hindsight, we often call them gamble, dumb luck or pure stupidity.

These feelings work at unconscious level, therefore, are very strong. Learning to recognise them will help you to overcome doubtfulness, indecision, procrastination and the like.

well put kenneth,

I am real real keen, and ambitious....

I am hoping that this real eagnerness is not turning into greed or already is greed.... however noone has called me greedy in my life yet!!!!!!!!!!!! actually I was called greedy in Grade 4 when I used too much gold paint at school!!

Well done - 1995 was a fantastic time to buy. I expect you've done exceptionally well from it.

Sorry, it should say 2005 of course. This was during the supposed macro housing slump across Aus. I love proving the stats wrong.

Incidentally Yield; did you buy in either 1995 or 2005 or anywhere in between?

Last edited:
Well done - 1995 was a fantastic time to buy.
Warren Buffet..
Next Friday will mark the 20th anniversary of the second-largest one-day fall in sharemarket history. 19 October 1987 was Black Monday’, the day the Dow Jones Index fell 22.7% and sent markets crashing around the world.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Australia didn‘t escape and was down 41.8% for the month of October. Also being the month of the 1929 crash, investors have been wary of October ever since. As the ever-quotable Mark Twain put it: ‘October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February..[/FONT]
willair..

Last edited:
Back