What will the Reserve Bank do? (12/03)

What do you think the Reserve Bank will do with interest rates?

• Decrease by more than 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decrease by 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decrease by 0.25%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Remain unchanged

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Increase by 0.25%

Votes: 50 58.8%
  • Increase by 0.5%

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Increase by more than 0.5%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear MJK

To the RBA, X mas is perfect timing! They also want to stop rampant credit debt and X mas accounts for the majority of the total years debt o/a. Time to go hard.

I should add I am not negative rates long term and I do believe at this stage huge increase as forcast by BIS will not happen however that will depend of the fallout from these rises. The RBA is trying to bluff the "wood duck" investors (i.e. not real or long term).

Fall out is a gamble. Always hard to say if people will cut loses and sell. Do not discount the ego factor. In my experience many hold and sell years later for a little above they bought simply to say "we didnt loss money on the deal" Inflation, stamp duty and holding costs conveniently ignored.

Peter147

RB Raises rates by 0.25%

So 65% of people correctly picked there would be a rate rise, with 60% picking the exact figure (no prizes - sorry).

This was compared with only 45% picking an increase last month and 40% picking a 0.25% rise.

And 19 out of 20 economists were right! Which totally renews my faith in everything that economists say ;)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Dear Acy

Enjoyed the poll. Keep them coming.

Need to watch ACA now to find out how the "battler" is going to survive.

Peter 147

Originally posted by geoffw
If he did a poll on what sort of flag we should have, would that be a flag poll?

Don't tempt me Geoff ;)

Wait until around the middle of next year and I'll do a May poll.

cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi all,

I think we should have a poll on building techniques, personally I favour straw bale houses.

But then that would turn out to be a straw poll:D

bye

Guys! Behave! This is a serious forum don't-ca-know. ;)

I heard a summary of the RBA's speech and I reckon he shouldn't have done it. He still sees property as a thing to be dealt with. The real estate agents on the ground don't...

Jas

Sorry Jas, I can't resist this one.

LB's had a poll on whether he should stay on the forum.

But if AceyDucey had one- would that be an Acey Poll?

Back