What would this house cost to build?

We're currently thinking about our next PPoR, and wondering what it'll cost to build this house:
25-30 square Edwardian weatherboard, single storey at front, two storey at back, with upstairs not visible from the street
Decent fittings but not marble or anything like that
Flat rectangular block

Something broadly that looks like this

Incidentally the area we really like, around Maling Road, is in a Boroondara heritage overlay, with very strict rules about many things, so a local architect/builder familiar with Boroondara council would be a must for me. Luckily for us, we really like the classic Edwardian look, so hopefully less of a problem than if we wanted to build a more modern looking house.

And if you can recommend any builders in the area, please let me know. Canny are fairly well known and their work seems to be quite good, but from what I can see they're well above $20k/square, whereas I'd be hoping for under the $20k/square cost.

Cheers
Jonathon

Yes i think you're going to be near your 20k per sq. Those fake edwardians with their high ceilings etc can be loaded up on in the quote. You need to buy a real one with all the white ants and gaps between the floorboards :) Ahh those were the days - not.
Is it HO? That might fit in nicely if it is, presumable there something ordinary there at the moment. not sure on boornadarra with their setback from the boundary, is it 3m or 1.5?
of course the usual overshadowing issues and the neighbours with their nimby, but may fit in and improve the street

Back