what would you consider "average growth" in an area to be-

'The Deal'----'Buying Well' is what it is about for me.

Finding some areas I choose to invest in and study them, research them, network, buying something with as little outlay of my own money as much as can be possible. Something that offers me what seems to be (based on past performances) reasonable growth, coupled well with rental returns of nothing under 8%. Educating myself some before investing, and also through investing.

Diversifying into perhaps, commercial, businesses, can come later. The idea is for me to be building an asset base as fast as I can, best deals possible. It's the strategy springboard, theory No 1-Our Obsession Creationism.

If I can, find deals that I might be able to add some value on, so purchasing as low as possible, getting best returns possible after some spit and polish, (or shrewd observations/knowledge of the area).

All that keeps me in the investing loop. Do it again. Repeat.

Works for me.

If I'd ever have held off attempting to base investing on possible 'best growth areas'---who can 'really' tell/see into the future?:confused: that's valuable investing 'time' passing me by...in the game.

My goal, for the relative shortterm is accumulate as much property as well as I can (buying/returns/little of my own cash in the deal), as quickly as possible.

You still have the goggles on... and so what if it happens to be a small office or retail space? if the numbers stack up and the risk is acceptable, what's the issue? Isn't it far better than crap returns in the suburbs?

And you still haven't started to think laterally... Many things can be owned/leased. Many spaces, many locations, many different uses. Just slow down and THINK about it. :cool:

What's the issue? I'll tell you the issue:

Commercial leases in the CBD can be 6-7% yield, but these properties either have:

a) Crap tenant
b) Not much foot traffic
c) Random location

And we all know that commercial property is never as forgiving as residential - so why would you put money into a crappy building if the 'numbers stack up'? I'm not so easily sucked in by high yields buddy.

Commercial leases in the CBD can be 6-7% yield, but these properties either have:

a) Crap tenant
b) Not much foot traffic
c) Random location

And we all know that commercial property is never as forgiving as residential - so why would you put money into a crappy building if the 'numbers stack up'? I'm not so easily sucked in by high yields buddy.

I Agree with the above post, you can't be a sucker for yield. Make sure you are purchasing a quality asset which will remain attractive over time

a) Crap tenant
b) Not much foot traffic
c) Random location

LOL... but I did not say any of this. Sure, yields CAN be 6-7% and they CAN be higher...

I don't recall advocating crap tenants, random locations or even a need for foot traffic... You are totally misunderstanding my point and the "types" of investments that are out there. They are not all shops and offices :rolleyes:

And, they are not all 'strictly' commercial either... we are on 2 completely different wavelengths. Power to you for not being sucked in... buddy ;)

Back