what would you do ?

we have one IP up for sale and have an offer for full asking price (good) But ! they want to rent untill they sell a block of land wich they purchased as land & package deal, however they cannot get builders in area, so there are a few blocks of land for sale from same estate. real estate suggest put them on 1 month rent and re advertise it if not sold block of land. appreciate any advice or thoughts on our dilema :)

Is it possible you could get the asking price from somebody else, without all the baggage?

This couple's sale could drag on for months, or they might change their mind and then you have to start all over again.

If you do rent it to them, and they don't sell their land or change their mind, you will have to sell the house they may really want, with them in it :eek:.

I would sound out the agent to see if there is anyone else out there prepared to pay asking price.

Or you could give them a two month settlement? I wouldn't give too long a settlement because the market is moving (not sure where your house is).

thanks for response, i think will try for two month settlement like that idea, anything else could get messy!I think leave it with agent for 3 more weeks and if no joy re rent it. that will have given them 6 weeks in total, including xmas break. The house is in Ayr doubled in value in 2 years but things have levelled off now, but when renovating house rumours in town were of a new mine close by, also a new big quarry, also 2 factories, and a big investor from the gold coast buying a large chunk of land, All about 2 years away if rumours correct, was planning to take profit make money on another project then return there for next price hike.

Back