What'a are you paying for Land-Lord-Insurance..

Just wondering what other people are paying,we have 2 insurance accounts that have gone up $746.00 0n one and over $650.00 on the other all the others are still the same maybe a few dollars different from last fin year,rang up the Insurance company yesterday talked for about half hour,even with the 15% multiple policy discount it's not cheap,but those 2 properties are in the high risk river inner southside flood rapid rise areas ..

Maybe that's the price has gone up 100% in 3 years ,why I know people paying over 4 k in some flood areas something you have to have in flood areas,just the cost of doing business..

I paid about $800 ish each for 2 property inc. building (with EBM). Does yours including building insurance?

Yes full covers with $500.00 excess on most normal items plus a few extras I wanted accidental damage at the home-motor burnout,,,325k rebuild,20 million legal cover,i have rang several others are some insurances companies prices are higher,,.

We have moved most insurance to Youi when Suncorp cover went up by several hundred from one year to the next.

I know we may not have the Rolls Royce of covers, but I'm mainly concerned about total loss rather than loss of rent type of cover. We have great tenants with little chance of niggly claims.

We have moved most insurance to Youi when Suncorp cover went up by several hundred from one year to the next.

I know we may not have the Rolls Royce of covers, but I'm mainly concerned about total loss rather than loss of rent type of cover. We have great tenants with little chance of niggly claims.

That's the only downside with the flood areas you pay a higher price for the extra risk I guess , I have ended staying with the insurer we are with the Lady rang this morning and they have offered an extra 10% off the price better then nothing..that's what iv'e found the minute you tell them you are going to do business elsewhere they will offer a better deal..

That's the only downside with the flood areas you pay a higher price for the extra risk I guess , I have ended staying with the insurer we are with the Lady rang this morning and they have offered an extra 10% off the price better then nothing..that's what iv'e found the minute you tell them you are going to do business elsewhere they will offer a better deal..

I've generally knocked off $100 just with a phone call, but when the price has risen by $500 and Youi will do it for the same as I paid last year, there is no way I'll stay with the rip-off companies.

Nothing we have is at risk of flood, and when our own house was damaged by a big rain event, Suncorp left us living on cement floors for months before saying we were not covered. It apparently wasn't a "flood". Doh! Really Suncorp?

The water couldn't get away quickly enough and seeped under our walls near the floor. Why isn't this covered? Anyway, the money we spent tiling the floor is well and truly repaid by the thousands we have saved since moving to Youi (across several properties and vehicles).

Try NAB (MLC).. I think they are running a promotion at the moment where you pay for 9 months for 12 months cover. I used to be with GIO and now with NAB.

Also read the PDS.

Back