What's a 6sqm storage garage in Brisbane CBD worth to rent?

Hi all,

As part of the apartment I purchased some 11 years ago, a storage cage was thrown in for free. It's a 6sqm one on the ground floor with a roller-door+lock. Naturally access is probably restricted to only tenants of the building, or during business hours if the serviced apartment reception grant access.

What would they be worth? Is anyone sub-letting out their apartment storage?

I'm letting the storage out to one of the owners in the building, but it would be interesting to see if there is such a 'market' rent.

On a side note, they have suggested I sell it to them...

Are there businesses near by? Perhaps one of them might be interested.

More space is always desirable and if someone in my apartment were to offer to sell one I'd definitely consider it if the cost was reasonable.

Value relates to utility. Can you bring your car to it? Is it under a mixed use building ie shops and offices below the residential units?

Otherwise it will be too hard to access and have value only to those within the building.

Value relates to utility. Can you bring your car to it? Is it under a mixed use building ie shops and offices below the residential units?

Otherwise it will be too hard to access and have value only to those within the building.

No car if it's 6m2... Single car garage is normally 16-18m2

Yeah, even a golf buggy wouldn't be able to get in. Just imagine about 50 of these storage units on the ground floor of an apartment building, without about a 1.5m wide corridor to walk through to get in/out of the storage.

Back