What's a good website to hire tradies?

Hi does anyone know of a good website to hire tradies like plumbers, painters etc

Where people can give them reviews and rep/vet etc.

????

or something similarly good? for tradies in Brisbane.

Hipages was unhelpful. Despite there being 4-6 companies within 3-20 km of the job, three very close, Hipages gave just one company that was about three hours drive away, passing though a capital city and major regional town, where there are literally hundreds of possible companies. At that point I gave up. It's also necessary to send emails via their website, an extra step that did not appeal.

I have had great success with serviceseeking. Got a brickie last week and I've got a chippie coming tomorrow. But that's Sydney. With all these directories I'm guessing different markets take them up at different times. Sydney might have been an early adopter.
I've used hipages, too.

I've used Hi Pages to get jobs for my own business when I was starting up. they do charge the businesses for the lead which they give to a few people so you will probably get better value contacting businesses directly. also you might find some lower quality contractors who don't get much repeat business on these services..

My advice would be to just Google local services who have invested in a website to show off there portfolio & testimonies

The review system is the key with these sites. It's like Airbnb and those sort of things. I can't remember whether hipages has a review system, but serviceseeking does. I check the reviews from previous users before I engage anyone.

I have used http://www.serviceseeking.com.au/ with great success. Everything from removalist, blind hangers, painters... If they get a bad review or don't turn up then they are removed from the site.

I have had some of my Ultimate Guide to Renovation students talk about Service Central on the Private Facebook Community and they seem to like that site as well. I have not used it though.

All the best
Jane Slack-Smith

Try www.womo.com.au which is a ratings based website. Just punch in your post code and the trade you're looking for. The highest rated tradies (based on testimonials from their previous clients) are listed first.

I've found some excellent tradies on there - and I am super picky!

Hope that helps.

Back