What's happening in Noosa?

Speaking with home owner from Noosa yesterday...they raved about the CF obtained by neighbours with beach front property. They're getting $1800 pw from holiday makers. They also claim to have had a zero vacancy rate over the past 12 months. Certainly indicates the holiday makers are not just seasonal.

We held an apartment in Noosa from 1997 until 2005. It was in the vacation rental area. It took 18 months to sell and only did so after we reduced the price by many thousands of dollars. In 2004 the values slumped hugely. All of our gains were made in the first four years we held. And then declined thereafter. This was despite all the RE Agents in the Newsletters telling us how hot the market was. I emailed the Agent after one of the Newsletters and challenged him on all the wild claims they had made.

But I still do hanker for one of those properties that open out onto the Noosa River....sigh....

Thought I'd re-energise this thread.Locals seem very bullish that the activity in Brissy will spill over up in Sunshine Coast over the summer. Anyone looking for an IP up here? TFB, are you out there still??

Still here, things are looking up this way as well, altough not as full on as Brissy at the moment. Vacancy rates are very low, and properties are not going like hot cakes but i would say it's a normal market at the moment...

mitch

Peregian Springs?

Hi.

Peregian Springs in Sunshine Coast seems to be a nice place that is not too far from Noosa... Is it a good place for long term invest and CG? Any comments or feedback would be appreciated!

Back