What's In A Name?

Just out of interest......do the names of streets or suburbs put you off purchasing your IP's?

Does anyone own an IP at Rooty Hill?

Would you live there?

I know I personally, would not. Names of suburbs and/or streets do deter me, if the name is bad enough.

Regards JO

I worked with a girl who lived at Seven Hills in Uranus Avenue. She pronounced it with the emphasis on the first syllable.

You always see Eastern States celebrities turn up an eyebrow thinking it's a set up when in Perth reading out donations at Telethon. Happens every year...

"This one is for $ 20, donated by Mr & Mrs Henderson from Innaloo"....

A Perthite always has to lean across and re-assure them that indeed people live in a suburb so called.

I always wonder about if they gave serious thought before naming that road in Narre Warren North.... Ernst Wanke Rd.... (I am sure it is meant to be pronounced with a "V" sound....)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Just out of interest......do the names of streets or suburbs put you off purchasing your IP's?

Does anyone own an IP at Rooty Hill?

Would you live there?

I know I personally, would not. Names of suburbs and/or streets do deter me, if the name is bad enough.

Regards JO

My parents first home was in Rooty Hiil in 1953 - 57

They moved to Kissing Point Rd after that.
Maybe they should have positioned themselves the other way round.:eek:

I worked with a girl who lived at Seven Hills in Uranus Avenue. She pronounced it with the emphasis on the first syllable.

To quote Futurama:
Professor: I'm sorry, Fry, but astronomers renamed Uranus in 2620 to end that stupid joke once and for all.
Fry: Oh. What's it called now?
Professor: Urectum. Here, let me locate it for you.

:)

This is hillarious, who names these places!

NOTOOL8: What is Cockburn Sound? A lake? Why would a lake be called a "sound"?:confused:

Regards JO

friends just moved to NZ but they used to live on Seymour Ave @ Maslins Beach. :eek:

(for those not in the know Maslin's Beach was Australia's first nudist beach.

Back