What's on your shopping list for today?

I was thinking 3/4 bedroom, brick & tile in Brisbane's south-west suburbs, or maybe a house on a large block at Darra ...

Anyone else doing the rounds this weekend? Let the research commence!

DJ

Love the title of this post!:D Shopping is simply retail therapy.
I'll be shopping for door knobs, shower curtain and taps for The Beach House.

Any must-haves on the checklist?

DJ

4 bed McMansion. Ready to move in. Has to have a big yard. Who cares what anyone else says, I LOVE McMansions!!! We've been looking around a few suburbs in Sydney, and when we drove into one 'McMansion suburb' we just thought 'this is nice and this is nice too, and this next one is also nice'. That pretty much decided it. I'm willing to sacrifice the commute a bit for this.
Alex

hubby's at the hardware shop picking up sliding door rollers - i'm about to start some sanding ... then maybe friends for a bbq later.

i'm not actively shopping atm, but will run thru the property section of the paper tonight just in case there is a tempting deal - and to watch the price come down on some that i "might" be interested in if the price drops enough.

4 bed McMansion. Ready to move in. Has to have a big yard. Who cares what anyone else says, I LOVE McMansions!!! We've been looking around a few suburbs in Sydney, and when we drove into one 'McMansion suburb' we just thought 'this is nice and this is nice too, and this next one is also nice'. That pretty much decided it. I'm willing to sacrifice the commute a bit for this.
Alex

4br is a mcmansion? well maybe coming from London :p setting yourselves up for kiddies? a big yard is essential!

Yep I am shopping all weekend.......via the internet (gotta love technology)!! Not too many bargains in my own back yard just at present so looking again at QLD.

sq

4br is a mcmansion? well maybe coming from London :p setting yourselves up for kiddies? a big yard is essential!

I know, I've been psychologically scarred by London and Tokyo. When you've lived in a 25 sqm studio, everything else looks huge......... wait, is that patch of grass I can see outside the window mine? Just for me? Really?

One that's on my list is on a 1700sqm block. Now THAT would be a nice yard.
Alex

Thankfully my shopping days are over.....for a good while at least, it's far too stressful and time consuming for my liking. It's OK when just casually scanning and flicking through I suppose, but when you get serious and need to do the heavy DD, I find it wearing.

I'm keen to ditch this continual buying nonsense for a while and kick up the investment heels and live a bit. Loosen those purse strings and spend some cash on us, rather than shovelling it all the Banks way.

We'll probably digest the one we have on the go at present (I'm having visions of an Anaconda swallowing a boar), and then probably sit back and relax for 2 years or so, wait for the LVR's to come back down a bit.

This morning however, I am preparing for an on-site meeting with both my old bankrupt tenant and the new incoming tenant to discuss removing the 1,000 mT of garbage currently on my property. Should be great fun....:(

Always keep an eye on the net for new listings, but unfortunately no serious shopping for me this weekend - I have the pleasure of continuing to pack for next Friday's move.

No shopping for properties for me until we get back to Aus in May.

In the mean time; just keep shopping for some cheap golf balls.

Well we went shopping for kitchen tiles, found some really gorgeos ones. Love them.

Going to do a little bit of browsing online for land, its getting close to being able to finalise these houses so eye sopen for next project.

Had two properties to bid on this weekend, fortunately negotiated a pre-auction bid that was accepted Thursday.

The property I rated as the lower of the two sold at auction for $18k above my purchase price (of the property I rated higher).

Very happy :)

would love to buy some summer dresses...saw lots of nice ones in the shops but already blew my spending budget this week :(

Bought a GHD off ebay for $250 ...money well spent! I can have salon styled hair everyday within minutes. It's perfectly styled and straight today but may wear it summer waves next week. How did I not know about this? used to wonder how some girls can such perfectly groomed hair. It's what the salons use now...no more old fashion rollers.

Back