What's on your shopping list for today?

A GHD is the best hair straightener in the world. Is an absolute gem for girls with frizzy hair.

We have been shopping for vertical blinds this weekend. Might also go to Bunnings tomorrow to look for door stops and a few other bits and pieces to fix up 2 properties that settle in 2 weeks.

What's on our shopping list presently - not in any particular order

- Vertical blinds (waiting for quotes)
- Plasma screen (looking at the Panasonic 50")
- Concrete blocks (to build retaining wall)
- Glass splashback (waiting for quotes)
- My next investment (not necessarily IP)
- Fire doors (16 of them)
- Another 2 lounges
- Rug (predominately red)
- DVD player
- Stereo
- Outdoor table (able to stay put in high winds)

Cheers

I bought a tourmaline wet-dry hair straightener from e-bay recently for about $50 - it is the greatest thing in the world! It does take a bit of practise but it gets so much easier the more you do it and I am proud to say I haven't burnt myself with it yet.

I did buy some heat protection spray but in all honesty haven't had to use it.

As for other non-investment purchases, I'm looking at buying a gaming system so I can play Galaga.

Great arn't they:D

Not slagging off shares here; I don't have a great deal of knowledge about them, and am interested to learn about risk management;

If you have margin loans to buy the shares, and the current amazing runs ends tonight at 2.00am while you are sleeping, and the market drops straight through any stop-losses you have in place and there are no buyers, have you got a fall back position to cover the margin call?

I know it is unlikely, but I invest with as many worst-case scenarios covered as I can think of.

How do you personally cover yourself for this scenario?

Not slagging off shares here; I don't have a great deal of knowledge about them, and am interested to learn about risk management;

If you have margin loans to buy the shares, and the current amazing runs ends tonight at 2.00am while you are sleeping, and the market drops straight through any stop-losses you have in place and there are no buyers, have you got a fall back position to cover the margin call?

I know it is unlikely, but I invest with as many worst-case scenarios covered as I can think of.

One way is to do it through a CFD provider like these guys. You are buying a contract on a share and for a premium you can buy a guaranteed stop which will automatically close your position at a set price.

"
Risk protection
Use our uniquely flexible Guaranteed Stops to put an absolute cap on possible losses. If the market moves sharply against you, we guarantee that your position will be closed at your chosen stop level, even if the move is overnight.

Our charge for this service is low, from just 0.3%, and Guaranteed Stop levels can be changed at no extra cost "

Couldn't survive without my GHD...had it for 3 years now and have saved heaps on not needing salon visits for special occasions.:rolleyes:

I don't use stops as I am in for the long term and only buy top 50 co's like WOW, BHP, CBA etc with my margin loan. Speccies are baught outside the loan. Also, I am only margined to about 50% so can survive a 33% drop. Also have plenty of cashola to cover margin calls if I have to, or pick up some bargains if there are any.

And as the ASX is closed at 2.00am in the morning it is pretty unlikely it will drop overnight anyway - unlike the forex markets.

Couldn't survive without my GHD...had it for 3 years now and have saved heaps on not needing salon visits for special occasions.:rolleyes:

What? seems a lot of my friends have one yet no one told me about it! it's amazing isn't it? but does it damage your hair? well my hair does look sleek and shiny.

I was thinking 3/4 bedroom, brick & tile in Brisbane's south-west suburbs, or maybe a house on a large block at Darra ...

Anyone else doing the rounds this weekend? Let the research commence!

DJ

I've just returned from my 2nd IP shopping trip this year to SE Qld.

Currently have a nice Townhouse under contract. Bayside Brisbane. 300m to waters edge.

This is the last one required to complete the property acquisition stage of our portfolio.

Rixter

"Bayside Brisbane" - north or south?? Do you mind sharing??

And congratularions on completing the 'acquisition' stage of your property portfolio!!!!! Now you can sit back and enjoy the fruits! :D

Cheers
LynnH

Hi Lynn,

South in Jan Somers back yard. :)

I will post full details once all contract conditions have met.

Thanks for the congrats. Yes the light burns a lot brighter these days.

Rix,
What happens next under CGA ?
Do you take 'forced' retirement now from the day job ??

Signed,
Curious...

Rix,
What happens next under CGA ?
Do you take 'forced' retirement now from the day job ??

Signed,
Curious...

Hi Kev,

The plan is to let time weave its magic now over the compounding CG to build up a nice little SANF buffer.

Then its officially rat race exit, stage left! :D

This is the last one required to complete the property acquisition stage of our portfolio.

That's got to be an absolutely spectacular feeling!

Congratulations ... from an extremely envious beginner!

I think your weekend's shopping just blew everyone else's out of the water!

Perhaps it's time for an interview? Love to hear the story :)

DJ

What's on our shopping list presently - not in any particular order

- Vertical blinds (waiting for quotes) ordered delivery 2 weeks
- Plasma screen (looking at the Panasonic 50") ordered del this week
- Concrete blocks (to build retaining wall)
- Glass splashback (waiting for quotes)
- My next investment (not necessarily IP)
- Fire doors (16 of them)
- Another 2 lounges ordered one of them and ottoman
- Rug (predominately red)
- DVD player ordered will deliver with plasma
- Stereo
- Outdoor table (able to stay put in high winds)

Cheers

Not a bad result against my shopping list. The wallet certainly feels lighter.:eek::eek:

I've just spent 5 weeks in Europe, used the FF points but did hit the bank balance a bit;)

And damn it was good!

For me I can't beat getting totally away from everything for a while, no phone calls, no bills! Oh hang on they were there when I returned:(

I finally after 20 years of dodging wars made it to Croatia on my 4th attempt and saw where the ancestors came from. It was very special.

Back