Whats the longest you have left your dishes pile up in the sink?

Here is a true story for ya's.

We bought a home , for a massive reno, there was 1 old fella living in it ...
oh' and his dog, because the home was in such disrepair which is another story, the drains were all block up etc,etc yada, yada....

Any way the sauce pans , baking trays and other cooking utensills were so badly rusted from where the water line was, once upon a time... untill all the dish water evaperated.
so badly that all the cooking utensills were rusted together, and now only resembeled the skeletall remains of old cooking thingys.
and yes i have the photo's to prove it.

I hate housework !!!!
We tried living without a dishwasher when we moved here in our small apartment. It lasted 6 months and then we bought a dishwasher.
At the end of a vacancy I'm usually the one cleaning the fridge, stove etc at the unit (tenant usually doesn't do the job good enough), so I am capable of cleaning.
My ex SIL 's house was spotless.You could eat off her floor.That was all she did. Clean. She was not a happily married woman.

In her next marriage she was still clean, but not obsessive about it. (She died in a traffic accident, while she travelled with her trucker husband)

I gave my son disposbale plates, bowls, and cutlery for Xmas last year.
A big grin came on his face.
At Xmas , Easter etc we have started using disposable dinnerwear.

It just seems to be our own house I have trouble keeping up with housekeeping.
I quess I am like the carpenter who does a great job on your house, but his is never finished.

I agree, get a dishwasher.
If you can afford a cleaning lady, do it.

Like another poster has said, I've thrown out bowls or containers in the past when the substance contained therein has taken on a life of its own

I do that, not with my bowls because they're washed by then, but my plastic containers because i have so many i don't bother :eek:

Get the Wife or your girl friend to do them ...........

Hmm, i have a feeling if the boyfriend reads this he'd agree, sad thing is i actually do them, although he at least has a dishwasher at his place so i don't mind :)

Sunday was cleanup day. Laundry and the dishes and the vacuuming and dusting got done on sunday.

But when the mrs moved in, it wasn't good enough for some reason

That does seem like a good system, i don't see why she'd have a problem? :confused:

I'd be mighty impressed if the boyfriend had that system because his house would be cleaner than mine!

How much stuff do you people own??

I have 4 big plates, 4 little plates and 4 bowls. Although it's just me, so the only time i bother to wash them is when i need them and this usually means just washing the one i need rather than the whole lot!!! :eek:

Shorten the chain so they so they cant leave the kitchen.

I have a feeling the boyfriend would thoroughly enjoy this post too, i bet i'll hear about it later...:rolleyes:

I went away once for a few months and came back one day early. The dishes were piled high in the water in the sink. Not a problem- I took the dishes out to pull the plug.

There was no plug. The drain was clogged with grease and muck.

A friend had his wife go way for few months. The. Day before she returned he foin out that the stainless steel wasn't. They had rusted
in the sink and had to be replaced.

I find i'm good for a while at keeping the dishes under control then after a few weeks I then go back into old lazy habits. This is an area in my life I need to get under control. I think i will need to do a bit of scrubbing today :D Good news is im motivated to do it today.

hmmm, i need to change! its quite embarrasing.

and yes I know, if i do the dishes every day i wont have this problem, but for some reason somewhere along the way, something goes wrong? Lazyness? Something else?

Anyway, anyone else have problems with their dishes. lol

I'm gonna go put some music on and go and tackle those dishes now! :D

Actually my whole unit is cluttered. i need to get some kind of organisation. I'm thinking of even hiring a cleaner once a month just to help me a bit!

:)

I am your classic aquarian neat freak.

Dishes last about 1 hour.

I am your classic aquarian neat freak.

I don't believe in star signs, but I'm Aquarius too, and the only other person I know who is as OCD neat freak clean as me is also an Aquarian! Maybe there is something in it, unless Alex P Keaton tells us she is one too. :)

Lazy hits the nail on the head...neatness is happiness.......although I will vote and support vigorously for the first political party to ban china plates and go to paper plates as compulsory!:eek:

We quite often let things build up for a few days. Not plates/bowls/glasses/forks, but less-frequently used things like baking trays and roasting dishes. If we left the regular plates and stuff more than a day there'd be nothing to eat off. We bake and roast often enough that we can't leave the trays unwashed for that long either, but we still stretch the maximum length of time we can be lazy :)

But no way we'd leave them *in* the sink ... ewww. They rust, they get coated in grease and generally go revolting. Stack em up nicely next to the sink I say, with the worst of the gunk in em removed.

I don't believe in star signs, but I'm Aquarius too, and the only other person I know who is as OCD neat freak clean as me is also an Aquarian! Maybe there is something in it, unless Alex P Keaton tells us she is one too. :)

My brother is 11 years and ONE day younger than me. I moved out of home when he was quite young, so had no influence (thankfully for him :D) on his life. Didn't have much contact with him until he was in his 20's due to my work and location.

Now, as adults, we are very close, although live a fair distance apart, and it is SCARY how alike we are.

Thank goodness that housework, and not doing dishes seem to dominate this post. All my friends are neat freaks and thier houses are like show rooms. I despise housework and the dishes left over that cannot be put in the dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have 70 square metres of tiles which look wonderful, they are a pain in the butt to clean, difficult to clean without leaving streaks. I have two teenagers, two dogs and a cat. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I to have considered getting a cleaner, but they charge so much and with my mob the house would look clean for a few hours max. I am on a crafty faze at the moment and would rather be doing that then house work. Yep it is good when you are expecting visitors but takes many hours to get the house up to scratch. Such is life.

I used to be the kinda person who'd let them stack up for a while until I met my last housemate. Our arrangement was that we'd take it in turns to do the dishes, which was fair enough. Catch was that if one of us didn't do them, it was still that person's turn and they'd keep stacking up until that person did them. Got into the habit fairly soon of doing them straight away.

Something I look forward to once I'm more wealthy is hiring a person to do all the crap jobs so that my future partner and I don't have to. :)

How about, getting one of those sling/launcher things, firing the plates off one by one, and blasting them into dust with a massive rifle!

Replenishments of dinner sets could be arranged to come along every couple of days or so :cool:

easy way i do it.
I cook my dinner at home, whilst its cooking run the water, wash as much as i can, then when i dish up, throw everything in the water, have dinner, come wash the dishes and wipe my plate, easy, adds no more than 2 minutes to your day if you do it this way.

if you leave them they all go crusty and attract pests....

Something I look forward to once I'm more wealthy is hiring a person to do all the crap jobs so that my future partner and I don't have to. :)

When i have money!

I will have a cleaner and a cook come in once a week! The cook can prepare and freeze a number of dishes for the week ahead. I cant wait!! :D

Back