What's worth more?

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting a unit valued?

I'm trying to determine whether or not a unit in a small block of say 10 is worth more if it is on the very end of a row? 5 units on top, 5 units below, are the ones on the end worth anymore then the ones in the middle?

I'm about to submit an offer and would like some bargaining power depending on the above.

Thanks in advance

It would also depend on the circumstances.
If there's lots of traffic, people and vehicles, it's probably not as desirable if the other end or middle is quieter.

Yeah cool thanks for your thoughts. It's fairly quite on both sides so that wouldn't matter much and yes the end units do have a big window on the side so that would certainly affect it.

Well just submitted offer a couple of thousand under what the one in the end sold for a month ago 'same owner' see how it goes

Yeah cool thanks for your thoughts. It's fairly quite on both sides so that wouldn't matter much and yes the end units do have a big window on the side so that would certainly affect it.

Well just submitted offer a couple of thousand under what the one in the end sold for a month ago 'same owner' see how it goes

It does depend. I had a unit in block of 6. Garage on bottom, 3 units on next level, 3 units on top. Re Agents would say mine was valued at $10,000 or about 10% more as better views, less traffic. My unit was in the middle top and had no traffic. Both the other units either side had steps outside the front door and would get blasted by sun. My unit being in the middle with large verandahs at front and back was a lot cooler. My neighbours kitchen in unit got so hot that her glass coffee plungers on top of kitchen cupboards cracked.

There is no real hard a fast rule for this and it does depend on a range of factors as others have said. If there are no common walls in particular on bedrooms than this can add value, but if it is an end unit looking over a main road or at the side of another building than not as attractive, and a middle unit would be worth more.

no X+Y = A formula though!

Back