What's your biggest financial mistake ?

Spending every dollar I earned as a younger person.

I'm 24 now, earning a healthy 6 figures, but I cry when I think back to the money I earned from 14-22, that I now have nothing to show for.

Cars, motorbikes, useless ****. It hurts.

I'm 24 now, earning a healthy 6 figures, but I cry when I think back to the money I earned from 14-22, that I now have nothing to show for.

Mate, may are in the same boat as you, but remember what life experiences you gained from your lifestyle too. remember you only get 1 life, and living a little is not a crime.

I just dumped $13k on a dream bike (yes, a push bike you have to pedal yourself), why, because I wanted it. And here I am trying to fund my next CIP. Im 29, but I was tight as a fishes @r$e at your age, and never really got life going until recently!

Being smart doesnt mean you cant be young and have no fun!

pinkboy

You are a younger person at 24 champ :)

I didn't wake up financially till I was 37, so you are ahead of the game...

pinkboy said:
I just dumped $13k on a dream bike (yes, a push bike you have to pedal yourself), why, because I wanted it.

I see nothing wrong with that. At least it's a healthy hobby! And I agree, you have to live a little.. what is life without reward?

My latest money pit is offshore kayak fishing. It is literally a hole in the water that I pour money into. Fun though!

Roosterman said:
You are a younger person at 24 champ

I'm starting to get my head around it now.. definitely a lot more-so than a few years ago.

Doesn't feel like I'm young anymore! Old person ailments are starting to show their head.

Cheers.

You are a younger person at 24 champ :)

Good to see some others in their 20s thinking about this. I'm also kicking myself for not thinking about it earlier... but at uni etc we're fed the "money is the root of all evil" type spiel.

Don't you already have a supa dupa bike? My bike costed 0.5K and I still wanted for cheaper :)

Yeah, my Time Trial/Triathlon bike would be about the same price. New one is just a pure road bike like the Tour De France. Little bit different, but similar.

No-one can compromise a hand made Italian beauty! I would make further sexual connotation comments, but the moderators seeminly frown upon anything hinting the slightest of sexual humour, so I will refrain!

pinkboy

No-one can compromise a hand made Italian beauty! I would make further sexual connotation comments, but the moderators seeminly frown upon anything hinting the slightest of sexual humour, so I will refrain!

pinkboy

Hi Pinkboy, you are from up north in wog country, you would appreciate all good things Italian. We have two classic Italian motorcycles that His Lordship spends around $5K per year on, before he takes them onto the road. Can I say wog here? About those sexual connotations.............

Hi Pinkboy, you are from up north in wog country, you would appreciate all good things Italian. We have two classic Italian motorcycles that His Lordship spends around $5K per year on, before he takes them onto the road. Can I say wog here? About those sexual connotations.............

If sex is taboo, Wog would certainly be racist!

pinkboy

believed in a friend who invested in a mob doing property options in the US
they were also investing as well and had good experience with them

visited the US address after no return calls when we went on our honeymoon

office turned out to be a po box

that same friend I found out later took referral commissions apparently

that was 100K of savings in ONE life lesson

sheet

pains me sometimes to think about it at times. wondered if i should post online to warn people

believed in a friend who invested in a mob doing property options in the US
they were also investing as well and had good experience with them

visited the US address after no return calls when we went on our honeymoon

office turned out to be a po box

that same friend I found out later took referral commissions apparently

that was 100K of savings in ONE life lesson

sheet

pains me sometimes to think about it at times. wondered if i should post online to warn people

Ouch! that hurt.

Mum just lost $4k in Banksia Collapse but that is nothing.

Peter

Back