What's your personality type?

What's your MBTI?

• Total voters
I guessed my hubby was an INTJ (I think it's the councillor in me!!) he's up there with Stephen Hawking. My daughter is a lot like me and my son is like my husband. My son asks me questions like, 'where do bubbles in water go that are down the bottom of a glass when they pop?' and I never have any idea, poor bugger! when he was about 2 he said, "water in rivers always flow down". and I'm thinking, oh yeah, I've never really thought about that!! My husband won't even read his results and has very little interest in investing. When purchases come to crunch time, I go over it with him and get the yes or no to purchase. My husband knows a lot more of what's going on in the world, politics and economy than me. I know a lot more about rules, tax, than him. It's not a bad balance. he would never go on a site like this so I won't include his results.

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

56 12 12 1

... My son asks me questions like... /snip

Haha love it :)
Kids are really interesting with these tests! There's a school of thought that most kids during their critical period for intellectual development score high on the NT metrics (Intuitive, Thinking). This is why they're always thinking about & coming up with question many people never consider (my bro had queries like "do spiders cough?").

It's no surprise that XNTX types as adults, are usually the most likely to continue questioning things & testing boundaries, be that financially, socially or even legally! A significant portion of criminal masterminds (& lawyers, funnily enough) score high on NT :D

It appears that this property investing lark attracts a bunch more of us INTJs than other types. Perhaps its in our seemingly scheming nature to try to impose rational outcomes on an irrational world? Or perhaps its just a forum such as this that attracts us? Interesting exercise though!

It's no surprise that XNTX types as adults, are usually the most likely to continue questioning things & testing boundaries, be that financially, socially or even legally! A significant portion of criminal masterminds (& lawyers, funnily enough) score high on NT :D
Where I used to work it was something like 95% xNTx, and those were mostly INTJ. Scientific research place. On the day we all did the test one guy came out as an F and everyone looked at him - turned out he was a nurse there on a short contract and was the only non-scientist. The guy administering the test thought it was quite amusing that he almost invariably got INTJs when doing tests here, but when he went to a hospital he never saw a single one.

Programmers and problem solvers in general tend to be NT types. Big picture thinkers. Touchy-feelingness be damned. I suppose that describes your average hard-nosed landlord too.

I was surprised when I got that same outcome.

Only moderate on the I and F (30 odd) hard core on the N and P (over 70 for both)!

I need a new occupation. I must say while I like the look of them like archeologist, philosopher etc I don't know that any of them pay real flash.

I guess it was lucky I followed the path my folks suggested on the pay stakes rather than my "dreams" in that case. Or maybe not...

Yes on the archeology, would also add anthropology....I'm quite chuffed 3 x Healers on an investing board..:)

Some (believed to be) relatively famous Healers from time and world:

Albert Schweitzer
Princess Diana
Richard Gere
Audrey Hepburn
George Orwell
Mia Farrow
Isabel Myers
Aldous Huxley
Karen Armstrong
Henry Dunant, (founder of red cross)
Neil Diamond
Angelina Jolie
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Alexander I (Russia)

Yes on the archeology, would also add anthropology....I'm quite chuffed 3 x Healers on an investing board..:)

Some (believed to be) relatively famous Healers from time and world:

Albert Schweitzer
Princess Diana
Richard Gere
Audrey Hepburn
George Orwell
Mia Farrow
Isabel Myers
Aldous Huxley
Karen Armstrong
Henry Dunant, (founder of red cross)
Neil Diamond
Angelina Jolie
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Alexander I (Russia)

And here was me thinking Princes Diana was a doormat.

It appears that this property investing lark attracts a bunch more of us INTJs than other types. Perhaps its in our seemingly scheming nature to try to impose rational outcomes on an irrational world? Or perhaps its just a forum such as this that attracts us? Interesting exercise though!

Also can be great Planners, especially strong on contingency planning..

Some (believed to be) Masterminds:

Kevin Rudd
Isaac Newton
Stephen Hawking
Ben Bernanke
Lise Meitner
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ulysses S. Grant
Ayn Rand
Bill Gates
Niels Bohr
Rosalind Franklin

My inclination is Kerry Packer was a Crafter Artisan...tough minded, shrewd, wily, tactical skills whizz, man of few words, super competitive...

Gina Rinehart, am thinking a Guardian, possibly Inspector.

Also can be great Planners, especially strong on contingency planning..

Some (believed to be) Masterminds:

Kevin Rudd
Isaac Newton
Stephen Hawking
Ben Bernanke
Lise Meitner
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ulysses S. Grant
Ayn Rand
Bill Gates
Niels Bohr
Rosalind Franklin

Newton, Hawkings and Bohr definitely. Beautiful minds indeed. Any Rand is a scarier prospect. Brilliant, without question: Balanced, with serious doubt.

Belbo:

Newton, Hawkings and Bohr definitely. Beautiful minds indeed. Any Rand is a scarier prospect. Brilliant, without question: Balanced, with serious doubt.

Interesting eh, 'extreme' of the type....you might be interested to know, Hitler was a Healer. A very 'damaged' one, but Healer temperament nontheless.

oh dear - out of 65 votes I'm still a lonely, single artisan composer

Lizzie have you learnt, or can play any musical instrument? Sing? Any creative tendencies? Not necessarily limited to music, maybe some other spectrum of the arts?

I have a pal a Composer, (her dad is a property investor, he an Inspector Guardian), but she writes, plays, records music..

You have great company!

Some:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Neil Simon
Jackie Onasis
Steven Spielberg
Barbra Streisand
Mel Brooks
Cher
Bob Dylan
Alan Ayckbourn

My younger sis, (property investor) is a Protector, my mate from over one of the regional cities investor is a Crafter, (male), my stepsister a property collector is a Supervisor G, the other female investor nurse is a Provider G, as is the Crafter's investor girlfriend.

The breakdown of temperaments is majority Guardians and Artisans, much less are the Rationals and Idealists. Best guesstimates of course, difficult to get spot on figures. Kyebosh you got a breakdown on latest figures by any chance?

Edit in figures:

Around 40% Guardians
Artisans: 35%
Rationals and Idealists split the difference than b/w them with around 12% ea.

Last edited:
... Kyebosh you got a breakdown on latest figures by any chance? ...

Hmm, do you mean the spread from this poll? I figured you could all see the %'s... Or do you mean general population? Off the top of my head, ENFP's have consistently been dominant in culture-fair testing (i.e questions not skewed towards a specific cultural environment) & INFJ's about the rarest, but I'd have to look up hard numbers.

As I know you're all aware (but is worth repeating), these tests obviously don't measure things like intelligence, ethics etc, so don't fear if you're being lumped with politicians :D

As I know you're all aware (but is worth repeating), these tests obviously don't measure things like intelligence, ethics etc, so don't fear if you're being lumped with politicians :D

I hope not.

Being lumped with Adolf Hitler is a bit of a worry. I'd have taken being lumped with Tony Abbot over Adolf Hitler...

Adolf Hitler was a visionary able to rally the common man to his cause and action the change he wanted to see in the world.

if he were on the side of just, fair and good - imagine what he could have accomplished.

the world can learn a lot from Hitler - but clearly the USSA have beaten everyone to the punch.

ISTJ

Years ago I was doing a course and as part of it they did a modified Myer Briggs test. They grouped us in to four different groups, cannot recall what they were. It was fascinating, they physically got us to sit in these four groups. They explained what our personalitys were, how we would spend money, save, what we did with reciepts, how we felt about people, how we came to descions, what we felt about the other groups. When all explained it was fascinating it explained how certain groups really grated on your nerves and why you did not like these people.

To be successful one must be able to wear all hats and wear each hat at the appropriate time. I don't believe that any successful person has one talent it takes many strings to make a symphony.

I guess you're too busy hanging out with Kyosaki at the moment, but just out of curiosity, what did you get?

Last edited:
Hmm, do you mean the spread from this poll? I figured you could all see the %'s... Or do you mean general population?

Yes, globally, the feedback the likes of MB's get, (my understanding it is generally found similar by the others).
Around 40% Guardians
Artisans: 35%
Rationals and Idealists split the difference than b/w them with around 12% ea.

Off the top of my head, ENFP's have consistently been dominant in culture-fair testing (i.e questions not skewed towards a specific cultural environment) & INFJ's about the rarest, but I'd have to look up hard numbers.

Yes, humankind always has had the good and bad, one person of [whatever] temperament is not responsible or reflective of the one that goes off the rails, and all the temperament types have their 'closet darker sides'. Ivan the Terrible was a Supervisor Guardian, as was Stalin, Mao a Teacher Idealist, the Norwegian murderer from July, a Crafter Artisan..and don't forget the possibility of cultural, gender, nurture influences...it can be complex.

Mick Malthouse a Fieldmarshal Rational btw, Kevin Sheedy a Teacher Idealist, Sir Don Bradman, an Inspector Guardian, our war heroine, The White Mouse, (Nancy Wake), a Crafter Artisan (I believe). Our first two Prime Ministers, Barton a Mastermind, Deakin a Healer. Billy Hughes, Promoter Artisan, Menzies a Mastermind, Earle Page an Inventor, McEwen a Fieldmarshal..Scullin a Counselor.

Back