"What's your price range?"

Rubbish.

Don't generalise on my behalf, please

Thanks

Really? So you think people walk in and tell an agent the HONEST maximum amount they are prepared to pay for a property? Sorry for generalising - perhaps some do...

*edit: I am refering to a real estate agent, ie. hired by the vendor, not a Buyer's Agent. Just thought that perhaps needed clarifying...?

Last edited:
So I would tend to say ‘G’Day, I’m looking for a two bedroom townhouse for about the $250,000 mark but I am prepared to go up to $300,000 for a three bedroom townhouse with two bathrooms and a DLUG with it’s own street frontage’ (or whatever) and see where that gets you.

Being frank may get you a lot further than you think.

Hope this helps
Kristine

Are suggesting this is something one would say to an REA or a Buer's Agent ? I can understand buyer's agent, but in this day & age, where agents no longer dirve you a reound to show you properties you might not have found like wylie said, and you can see nearly evry propoerty (and in 99% if cases their price), would it really help you to tell an REA ?

Great thread.I would tell a buyers agent the max price I would pay if they found a property that was exactly what I wanted but a real estate agent works fo r the seller so I wouldn't be telling them. I would try my luck at getting it cheaper than I was willing to spend.

Are suggesting this is something one would say to an REA or a Buer's Agent ?
That was exactly my thought too. I would tell everything to the BA including what my 20 year plan is! Last time I told my BA the range 350-400 and we ended up buying for 360K

It is interesting BAs & brokers want the max to be disclosed... but most others do not. Is it because they deal with clients who don't disclose needed information?

Back