What's Your Properties Walk Score?

Andrew, I reckon you should slim the title of your thread down to "What's your house or apartment" walk score, cos that's all they are scrutinizing, or that's what it says on their website.

There is a massive array of properties out there that aren't houses or apartments.

Our heavy haulage trucking yard scored a higher result than our PPoR. I'm sure some of my tenant's big overweight interstate truck drivers will be most impressed that it's only 1.5km to the nearest library or movie cinema from their work depot. Maybe they could skip on down there and catch a quick flick or browse the fiction section whilst fueling up. They simply have no consideration for folks when trying to park an overladen road train at the local cafe. I'm sure all of this was crucuial to him renting the place and also myself when purchasing it....:rolleyes:

Our office block in the heart of the city scored through the roof. Absolutely wonderful news for a property where it's forbidden by council by-laws for anyone to reside there. My tenants would find the "selection criteria" almost irrelevant.

Hmmm....the term "properties" should does cover alot. I wonder if cattle stations in the NT score highly ???

It's not up to date, it ignores multiples of nearby facilities, and it gives the highest walk score for everything being within 100meters :confused:

It would be better called "donthavetowalkfarscore.com" but more appropriately "idontknowthearea+haveanoldmelway+dontwanttowalkfarscore.com"

I found it very inaccurate, heaps of stuff missing from around my area (pub, gyms, library, supermarket, pharmacy, 2 out of 3 schools etc. etc.)

A good idea, if only it worked.

Last edited:
PPOR 49

IP 38

I didn't think this was very accurate either. PPOR is 1m to 1.5km from, and in between 2 cafe strips, with the one having at least 150+ businesses, yet only a few where mentioned. Many closer to home not mentioned at all.

Punched in a different no. in our street and got another 10 points.

Place we used to live in in Newtown scored 89. Nice guide but I know from what's around its not accurate eg the cloeset drug store was 2 km?? We had one just down the road.

Plus it seems to ignore the most important thing in my mind - closesness to good transport links. For me and I'm sure for many, thats top priority.

Macquarie Park, NSW IP1
58 (should be better once the train line is completed)

Morayfield, QLD IP2&3:
22 (not bad for morayfield)

Ormiston, QLD IP4:
12 (ormiston.. sniff.. it doesnt even Count the trainline?)

PPOR 46, IP 34. Not accurate at all, there is an IGA an a chemist 100 metres away yet it chose a grocery and a chemist about 1km away. There is a big bunnings around 400metres away but it ignored that for a smaller hardware store 1.5km away. A council gym and aquatic centre a few hundred metres away that it ignored for something further, I could go on...

71 for my PPOR.

Seems about right forgetting the specifics of each category - tram line within 100m, trainline 500m, supermarket 300m, parks 300m. 8km from CBD.

Very inaccurate! It doesn't take into account some shops that have been built near my house for over a year. You would also have to swim across the river to reach some parks and cafes from one of my IP's.

my ip says 32, but it's wrong.

it lists things in the wrong categories like:

"clothing and music" has Belconnen Camping World (clothing store in the mall 3 minutes walk)
"libraries" has Department of foreign affairs. (library across the road)
"schools" has garren preschool, 0.29KM (it's a LOT more than that)
"parks" has belconnen golf course, but doesn't include the ovals just out the back (closer than the mall)
"bars" it has "quick food store" - there is a club literally 3 steps out the door, a tavern 3 steps beyond that, another about 90 seconds in the other direction, and another club about 5 minites walk
"grocery stores" it says is in melba.. get real.. there's a woolworths and an aldi in the mall

PPOR - nearest bar = Donburn Milk Bar !

IP1 - nearest bar = 7/11

Guess I know wher to go next friday night ! :D

Definitiely not up to date that for sure.

PPOR scored 28

Looked on the map and expanded the services and it doesn't include the shopping village that's less than 300m from the PPOR that includes a supermarket, video store, bakery, 2 restaurants, newsagent, dry cleaner, 2 banks, 2 food outlets, medical centre, pharmacy, community centre, library and a petrol station. Go figure!

IP scored 29

Well my PPOR score was 0 but I wake up in the morning to this view.

My 1 bedroom appartment in the city scored 97, I know where I would rather live.
HousePhotosmax00a2.jpg

Can't get it to work. Must be that my work's firewall bans Google Maps or some such. Just never comes back with a result regardless how many different ways I type the address.

Thanks in advance to any that do so.

Cheers,
Michael.

Last edited by a moderator:
AH HAHAHA!!!!!

43/100 - what a joke.

i live very literally 10 mins walk from everything - a lake, a major shopping centre, a minor shopping centre, 3 schools, 3 of our closest friends ... i'm even 10mins WALK from the freeway entry.

that's the biggest lump of BS i've seen yet.

Back