When someone is wrong in the internet, you...

Or to be precise, being a condescending jerk, you...
1. Ignore them
2. Tell them they're wrong
3. Try to be nice and give them feedback that they're being a jerk
4. Punch them

I think the best is #1.
But I ended up with #3, which didn't work. Then I feel like doing #4, then I go back no #1, or at least try to, still feel like #4.

I'm getting old.

P.S. the internet not including Somersoft in this case.

--End of rant--

If everyone got upset by stuff they read on the internet, no one would be alive, because we would have all killed each other by now, hahaha.

The problem with 1. when dealing with forums is someone who doesn't know better comes along later and assumes what they said is true because nobody said they are wrong ...

Personally I'd go with 2 :)

Jason

If everyone got upset by stuff they read on the internet, no one would be alive, because we would have all killed each other by now, hahaha.

I'm usually pretty good hahaha, it's actually a service provider I'm considering to use, so it's disappointing to have that high and all mighty manners coming from them.

Ah well :rolleyes:

It depends. I am on another forum that got trolled by a real life super troll. He actually makes a living from trolling. And trolls in real life as well as the internet... and posts youtube videos of himself doing it as proof. Anyway, his advice was so dangerous and irresponsible that I got into with him big time. The point was not to convince him he was wrong, the point was to persuade every one else reading the posts that he was wrong. At first I got zero support and got accused of being a troll myself. But eventually, most people came around. As a group we gave him such a hard time he no longer posts on that forum.

You can lose a lot of reputation arguing with idiots or trolls:

never argue with an idiot. a passerby won't know the difference.
never argue with an troll. a passerby won't know the difference.

How can someone be IN the internet???

1. Ignore them
4. Punch them

I think the best is #1.
But I ended up with #3, which didn't work. Then I feel like doing #4, then I go back no #1, or at least try to, still feel like #4.

I'm getting old.

--End of rant--

I don't think this is limited to the internet. The Internet is a global tool that lets us share information and communication. There are other alternative sources of the same information, written books, television, radio or free speech in public.

Your question should go deeper than being limited to just the internet. What about news agencies that put forward biased articles in favour of financial sponsors or backers? What about suppression of information that should be publicly available but is hidden...

But ultimately are you saying if someone disagrees with your point of views or beliefs you should have the right to physically assault them ?? :eek:

duty_calls.png

To add to that - never argue with a fool because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
This is true...Never thought of that :rolleyes:

Trippy;1123699 But ultimately are you saying if someone disagrees with your point of views or beliefs you should have the right to physically assault them ?? :eek:[/QUOTE said:
Probably not assaulting them in real life. I can do it in my head right?;)

Depends on my mood.

Often I like to continually argue the point to see how they respond - usually the No.3 position.

When you life is as empty as mine, and have no friends, it's a lot of fun.

Lol what? Tell us more.

Ugh. It's not actually that interesting and the guy is pretty much a jerk. The fairest way I would decribe him is charismatic cult leader. So, he started a cult, set up a subcription web site, set up a youtube channel that he apparently gets income from. On top of that he sells his time as some kind of lifestyle coach for couple of k a pop.

To drum up business he goes around to random forums trolling for business. He will post something like "my girlfriend is too hot", with obligatory borderline pics, to get attention and then drum up business from there. Seems like it is working well for him. As long as he doesn't troll my mates, that's fine.

What's wrong with the internet? Hubby's ex-wife from over 15 years ago, hacking into my FB account for no reason other than to spy.

She is not worth confronting - but sheesh - talk about bizarre and insecure

1. Ignore them
4. Punch them

I think the best is #1.

I'm getting old.

--End of rant--

:D
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/103780/2096416-2011-08-03-madaboutsomething.jpg

Back