When Vendor is a Pty Ltd

Hi Guys,

I am looking to purchase a property owned by a Pty Ltd.
After an ASIC company search I discovered the following list of changes to the records concerning this company.
My question is this - It is reasonable to be concerned about buying from a company that has had this many changes to its records in so short a time, or it it more likely paranoia, and that such a list of alterations would be expected from a company involving 6-8 members?
If there were something untoward happening, would my solicitor likely pick up on any such issue?

Jan 2004 - ( Application to register )

Aug 2004 - ( Change to Company Details / Change Officeholder Name or Address / Change Member Name or Address )

Dec 2004 - ( Change to Company Details; Change Officeholder Name or Address; Change Member Name or Address )

Aug 2005 - ( Change to Company Details; Change of Registered Address
Change of Principal Place of Business )

Thanks
Fish

this is nothing to be concerned about at all.

At the end of the day, when you buy a property, whether it be from an individual or a pty ltd nothing can come back and bit you in the bum because of the previous owners; you're being given a clear title, which obviously the bank will take a mortgage over.

So, it doesn't matter who you buy from at all.

I agree, no need to analyse the company, you are buying a property that will be transfered to you, you are not buying the company!

Thanks guys,

I suppose that wWhatever the company does internally is separate from the title. Once it's been cleared and transferred into my name, it stands alone.

Makes perfect sense.
Cheers
Fish

Back