When will the All Ords hit 4000?

10.15 friday and it's fallen 47 points in 15 mins .

16 points to go .

I can almost see Steve Navra jumping for joy :D

Two out of my six shares are looking like sells. Other four are comfortably above stop losses and one is going up ( Well 1/2 cent .... :eek: ) .

See Change

When will it hit 3900?

Thommo said:
3999.20. Sooner than I thought.

Too slow.....make that a When will it hit 3900? poll.

Thommo said:
The property bust will be the other shoe hitting the floor.

Will a sharemarket 'correction' such as this affect property market sentiment and cause a bust ?

keithj said:

Will a sharemarket 'correction' such as this affect property market sentiment and cause a bust ?

I believe it depends on the type of property and the fact that people have to live somwhere. They can't live in a share. :)
Simon

simonjulie said:
I believe it depends on the type of property and the fact that people have to live somwhere. They can't live in a share. :)
Simon

No they can't.

But houses are made of bricks, steel, glass, plastic,timber,concrete, aluminium, wool, paint, copper, zinc, tin, paper, clay. Need I go on?

:)

But those things are already in the established houses and the people who live in those houses and own them(a large part of the home owner market) won't sell in a tough market unless they have to.
Simon

simonjulie said:
But those things are already in the established houses and the people who live in those houses and own them(a large part of the home owner market) won't sell in a tough market unless they have to.
Simon
I was think more along the lines of the sentiment which drives markets. Will people (the non-somersofty majority) start to think that IP & share investing is fraught with danger and cash is king?

keithj said:

And Closed under 4000 which is more significant.

Actually after 87 and Tech Wreck & Sept 11 share corrections , the money went into property , though buying in the immediate aftermarth was good :)

See Change

Hi gang,

A relatively risk free 5.4% in an ING account is looking pretty good at the moment.

I imagine we will see quite a bit of this choppiness in the market over the next year or so before a "possible" bear market develops. Then there will hopefully be some excellent opportunities for longer term investors to buy great quality stocks at attractive prices. But then again I'm usually wrong :eek:

Anyhow being an impatient type it will be a good test to see if I can wait for the "buy in gloom" opportunities to arise.

Cheers - Gordon

Thommo said:
3999.20. Sooner than I thought.

The property bust will be the other shoe hitting the floor.

Thommo

You were right Thommo.

The bears are in control... :eek:

Who knows what the bottom will be.

Opportunities...

simonjulie said:
Simon
But they can, and do, live in paper boxes. Millions do so in Tokio.

So let's forget this cr@p about God (which one?) making no more land. In the words of Hal David

Lord, we don't need another mountain;
There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb.
There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,
Enough to last 'til the end of time.

I assume we would all agree that God didn't make Microsoft but we must also agree man cannot make another corporate giant to sit side by side with MS. At best we (man) can make a stronger corporate entity to topple it. Provided your shares are in the current "top dog" you can always barter some shares for dirt.

Slogans are crap!!!! Millions of people have a wall poster saying "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was!"

We are not short of "dirt". I own half an acre and am open to offers. It is just possible we are short of dirt with views of Syd Harb but that matters no more, in the grand scheme of things, than the shortage of paintings by the 19th centuary masters. I would love one but can live with one from the markets, if it suits my taste.

Thommo

Hi Thommo

We must be reading different slogans the one i read says

"If you love something, let it go, if it comes back, shoot it.

Cheers
BC

Hi Thommo,

the correct saying for redneck Qlder's is.....

If you love something let it go, if it comes back, it loves you too, if it doesn't come back, then track it down and shoot the B****rd !!

:D :D :D :D

Back