Where can I buy bathroom vanities?

Need to get one off the shelf for the powder room as this one can't wait and we're running against time. Good quality, modern type.

The ones we liked have a 12-14 week delivery time - don't mind doing it after we move in. But need at least one working bathroom while we're renovating the other two.

Thank you!

Thanks Travelbug. The vanities in Bunnings were awful :-(

I'm looking at the modern equivalent of Schot's vanities. I loved the vanities in Apaiser, but was told that it would take between 12 and14 weeks for delivery:eek:

Last edited:
Bathroom vanity

I suggest you go to a reputable plumbing supply shop such as Reece. I would steer clear of Bunnings or ebay. I am a plumber and I WILL NOT buy anything from Bunnings due to cheap inferior product and lack of back up WHEN the product is faulty. We will not install Bunnings products.
If you go to Reece you are buying a reputable brand with good back up.:rolleyes::

Swan in Richmond have great vanities at a very good price.

I have bought several there for upgrades to rentals, mostly imported from Italy, good design and great quality

Chris

Thanks.

I finally ended up going to Reece, liked what I saw and ordered one yesterday. I bought all my taps, wc and other bits and bobs from Swan St sales (same stuff I saw in Reece but significantly cheaper).

You have to be careful when buying from discount warehouses. Do they offer a warranty against faulty product? Do they offer a back up service? Some manufacturers will not offer a warranty if product sold via discount shops.

You have to be careful when buying from discount warehouses. Do they offer a warranty against faulty product? Do they offer a back up service? Some manufacturers will not offer a warranty if product sold via discount shops.

Except for vanities (from Reece), I bought the rest of my stuff from Swanstreet Sales (person there called Val)- he was extremely helpful.

Swan Street - Thats where I buy all my tapware and vanity units from.

The vanity units I got for $495 were more than double that elsewhere. They are imported from Italy and very high quality. The cabinet was seperate from the top but I just got a cabinet maker to put it together for me, no problem.

I also use Reece for urgent stuff, they provide very quick service

Chris

A friend of mine is selling vanities due to shop closure,he is around the Sefton area.If you're still interested hit me up a pm and i can put you on to him.

the fair trading act covers all of this - those stores aren't exactly buying from another country. i got a dorf showerhead for half the price so not sure why they wouldn't abide by the warranty.

unless you're importing something from china, then i would have concerns. For taps or vanities - they're pretty much all the same - you get one custom build or buy something from a discount shop that fits. And if the tap fittings been tested and adhered to NATA standards which is in accordance to the requirements of the building requirements of the BCA. then it should be fine.

investing is about maximizing the return on your investment and budgeting your renovation. if it was purely design based and personal needs then that would be different

I suggest you go to a reputable plumbing supply shop such as Reece. I would steer clear of Bunnings or ebay. I am a plumber and I WILL NOT buy anything from Bunnings due to cheap inferior product and lack of back up WHEN the product is faulty. We will not install Bunnings products.
If you go to Reece you are buying a reputable brand with good back up.:rolleyes::

you can get a quote from reece on caroma and dorf products. they're a reputable brand and bunnings will beat the price on it for custom orders. if you can save a couple hundred dollars - i can't understand why wouldn't you? you're coming from a trade viewpoint where else majority of the posters are from an investment viewpoint.

Bunnings won't try and beat a trade quote. I'm coming from a point of view that says "good luck" if you want to get a service call or change a product you have installed and find to be faulty. As plumbers that put a high priority on customer care we will not use these stores or their products. I speak from experience, not assumption.

Never had an issue with the bunnings toilet works fine for the last 5 years.

Had numerous plumbers haven't had one complain abt buying from bunnings.

Buntings beat my quote on a dorf showerhead by 30%

There is the trade practices act and consumer affairs if u're that concerned.

Why the bias against bunings etc? U working for Reece or something?

Back