Where can I buy laminate sheets?

hey everyone, im looking for a sheet or two of laimnate sheet, white ish in colour

approx dimensions of 1.8m x 86cm,

or two sheets of half size of that,

its basically to cover the back of a island bench,

bunnings dont have it, ikea dont have it,

some laminate company quoted me $600,

surely they should be able to be picked up for like $20 each,

has anybody know where I can source some

or I am happy with getting a 16mm thiick malamine board and nailing to the back of the island, if this is a solution (sorry, my terminology is all over the place)

Try contacting the suppliers:

Wilsonart
Laminex Industries/CSR
Formica
Abet Laminati

some laminate company quoted me $600,

surely they should be able to be picked up for like $20 each,

has anybody know where I can source some

or I am happy with getting a 16mm thiick malamine board and nailing to the back of the island, if this is a solution (sorry, my terminology is all over the place)

Yes, you can use melamine board but you may need to apply edge strip to the exposed edges (top/sides) - just silicone it to the wall or put an aluminium angle around it (screwed in).

A sheet of is only 1.2 mm thick so you will need to apply it to a board in any case. It will not cost you $20.

Bunnings do carry laminate sheeting - one type is waterproof panel for wet area linings, the other is laminate preformed splash backs. Both are at the rear of the store in the diy kitchen and carpet rolls (if yours is anything like the standard layout).

Otherwise you can get white laminated masonite.

Take your measurements to a kitchen guy. Tell him you want a sheet of 16mm melamine to those dimensions edged all round in 2mm. It will be less than $100. Then you just screw fix it through the back of the cabinets. Easy.
If you made your location something more specific than 'drone', people could tell you where to go.

Take your measurements to a kitchen guy. Tell him you want a sheet of 16mm melamine to those dimensions edged all round in 2mm. It will be less than $100. Then you just screw fix it through the back of the cabinets. Easy.
If you made your location something more specific than 'drone', people could tell you where to go.

haha, im in melbourne

so which would be a better solution, im basically making a kitchen island out of a bench top and cabinets, but the backs are either exposed or not there because they are designed to put a sink pipe through,

so should I look for a 2mm sheet to cover teh entire back or a 16mm board?

this place is awesome!!

I have a truck loads of offcuts for you, unfortunately I am based in Melbourne.

sounds great, how big are they?? I dont want to have to stick them on like tiles :)

Try contacting the suppliers:

Wilsonart
Laminex Industries/CSR
Formica
Abet Laminati

Yes, you can use melamine board but you may need to apply edge strip to the exposed edges (top/sides) - just silicone it to the wall or put an aluminium angle around it (screwed in).

A sheet of is only 1.2 mm thick so you will need to apply it to a board in any case. It will not cost you $20.

bang!! absolutely right! bunnings have a 2.4mx1.8m x 3mm sheet for about $20,

exactly what I needed!! WOO!!!
thanks everyone

Back