Where Has My Thread Gone?????

I posted a thread the other day asking for peoples thoughts on the effects of IP's when the war starts with Iraq.

I cannot find this thread, where has it gone???
:confused:

i suspect the moderators have sent it to the Bermuda triangle and it is long gone.

Maybe Saddam has connections on this site?

Darren

Hmmm,
Sim this brings up an intriguing question: Where does the line regarding what can/can't be posted begin? I mean, the original post was property related, and although it did go off track, it did come back to property in the end.
So why has it been deleted? I thought we were encouraged to ask questions on here? Quite disappointed. Look if, you had a legitimate reasons for censoring what seemed to be a fairly reasonable thread then you should at least give an explanation (assuming that it was actually Sim that did it, it could have been one of the other mods.) So, who did it and why?

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

The thread has been temporarily moved out of circulation pending some decisions by the moderators about this type of discussion.

There was nothing wrong with the original question, but the topic was always bound to be emotive, and some of the responses were deemed excessive and extremely off topic.

The issue really is that politics and religion are topics which can become inflamed all too quickly - at best they should be constrained to the coffee lounge, but even then there is a school of thought which says that due to the problems that will always arise from such discussions that it is easier to just avoid them all together.

Note that I'm not saying that we shouldn't discuss these topics - but I am suggesting that perhaps this is not the place to do so.

I was typing my reply to the thread last night, bun when I pressed the "Submit" button got an error message. I saved the text and here we go:

-----------
Guys,

I believe there will be more value for everyone in the forum if we continue been professional in our discussions by focusing on real estate issues. It is perfectly fine to express one's political views (unless they contradict the constitution) in the comfort of Coffee Lounge.

Cheers,

Lotana (a black homosexual Iraqi woman of Jewish faith)
------------

Cheers :)

Lotana

The forum should also replace the deleted thread with a message or something which says why the thread disappeared off the face of the earth, lest people think there are problems with the system. This would apply to individual posts which were deleted, also.

This is exactly what is implemented by http://www.whirlpool.net.au and it works quite well.

My Question was "how will the war affect the PI market"

I do not see the problem with this Question. If the replies get out of hand then they should be deleted. Not the thread.

voodoo... as I said earlier "There was nothing wrong with the original question".

I decided to move the entire thread out of circulation (it was NOT deleted - just made invisible) - until we the moderators could decide what to do about it.

Back