Where to Buy Reports - Residex/RpData/etc

Guys,

I have always been quizzed by which report to buy especially when there are quite a few reports listed from various sources, like

rpdata
Residex
propertyvalue

which one would you use and why?

I recently bought a propertyvalue value report for top 100 NSW predictions and I was surprised to find 90% of those listed were mining towns which were hardly a dot in the map. Whats worse, check out domain.com and these suburbs would return zero to 5 listings!

But again hey, I just asked for the top 100, and I did get it! It was their prediction of whats going to be the best capital growth (some astounding 500% in the last 5 years etc) suburbs. The only problem is if these mines run out of, and the miners move on you are left sitting with a dead duck.

I was just looking at residex's best rent and am tempted to buy, but at 275 not sure if its really worth it!

Appreciate your thoughts before I spill my hard earned money, Anyone......???

Cheers,

Hi there
it will depend upon where you want to buy
the RTA site in QLD gives statistics on rentals which is very useful - and that information is free
thanks

I heard that RPData will be closing down very soon - something to do with privacy laws ? Anyone else heard about this ?

Back