Which is the best place or recommended to sell property privately without an agent?

This is my first time to sell without an agent and I don't want free websites like gumtree.com.au or their put their own website (due to limited exposure) but I prefer a service that they can list on the major websites in domain.com.au and\or realestate.com.au

The one I can think of that is quite good is "land lord choice.com.au" since they list domain.com.au

I am not sure whether this is good but I would like to know whether there any others that are good apart from the one I mentioned in case there are more?

Thanks and have a great easter monday!

I sold a house on Gumtree - I had dozens and dozens of queries (very few converted - people seem to gloss over the word 'tenanted' in an advert and then phone you up and run screaming when you say 'tenanted' over the phone. Lost about 80% of enquirers this way). A surprising minority wanted vendor finance.

Now I've got a house listed on there at around three times the price of the last one I've had ONE enquiry and that's it. It was for vendor finance.

Since the only reason I need to sell is so I can afford a bigger car, the idea now is just to put it in all the local papers for a brief period and if it sells, it sells, if it doesn't, we rent it out and just save up for the car. People in this area tend to be old and really like their local papers so I'm optimistic that traditional print media ads will be fairly good.

Going on my side, there's absolutely nothing in our area under $200k worth buying. There's a cottage the same age as ours on the same size block as ours about 100m from our house with the most horrid decor known to mankind just came on the market for $250k, so apparently an extra $75k gets you a lot of scarey wallpaper, a kitchen 60 years older, an ancient triple garage, an enclosed verandah 'sunroom' and 8sqm extra living space (their lounge room is 2m longer than ours). And this is from the same agent who valued ours at $175k and said we'd be fools to go higher, pointing at all these listings of near identical or worse old cottages languishing on the market with other agents at $250k, some for years now. So why on earth did she list that particular one at $250k?

I'll never understand real estate agents. That new agent seemed really grounded, her first few listings sold really fast at her extremely realistic asking prices, then she had no stock for a few months. All her new stock seems incredibly overpriced. Greed maybe?

Where's your property located? allhomes.com.au lets private sellers list for a fee (think its around $1000) They cover predominantly ACT but are getting more and more listings in NSW and TAS.. I imagine a site like that would open you up to a lot more buyers than one that lists solely FSBO properties...
Its great to see people are beginning to realise they don't have to pay out thousands in commissions to Agents (sorry agents) for something you can do yourself with a little bit of work - Good Luck!

Where's your property located? allhomes.com.au lets private sellers list for a fee (think its around $1000) They cover predominantly ACT but are getting more and more listings in NSW and TAS.. I imagine a site like that would open you up to a lot more buyers than one that lists solely FSBO properties...
Its great to see people are beginning to realise they don't have to pay out thousands in commissions to Agents (sorry agents) for something you can do yourself with a little bit of work - Good Luck!

That sounds a bit rich for a relatively unknown site.

Looks like they don't have any listings at all in SA.

There's also homesales.com.au which used to have free listings (I got one response from it with my last house) but doesn't anymore, now its $200ish.

This is probably the site to watch, its from the carsales group, the same guys that bought oztion.

Here is one that lets you advertise on ALL the majors sites realestate.com.au and the rest.

Here is the link
http://www.propertynow.com.au/

Cost seems reasonable $247 for 1 month then $87 per month.

Never used them but will when I sell my next house.

Would be keen on hearing from people who have used them.

Back