which property course to study while isolated?

Dear forum members,
Please advice which property investment study course you would advise me to study while I am isolated overseas ?

I am raising cash overseas which I want to put into IP in the Perth, WA area as I love the place !!

I am willing to buy your second hand course material if the price is right. Thank you in anticipation of a reply and comments,
Tiga12

Tiga,

Buy books and not courses. For the amount of a 3k course, you could probably buy 100 books. The more books you read, with differing perspectives, the more choices you'll have.

To find out the books many of us buy/read, you could check the back of Australian Property Investing magazine.

Cat

Tiga,

You'd be better off doing a search on this forum for books and start reading! Books are a great and cheap entry into the minefield of information out there about property investment. I have around 60 alone in my library about investing, motivation and finance.
Happy hunting!

Hi Tiga12,

The following course is experimental and I will be honoured if you become its first guinea pig! It is guaranteed to lighten your pocket by approx $400, but it might put back much more later on.

a. Buy the following books:

1. The Millionaire Mind
2. Making Money Made Simple
3. Rich Dad Poor Dad
4. How to Win Friends and Influence People
5. Retire Young Retire Rich
6. More Wealth from Residential Property
7. Streets Ahead
8. From 0-130 Properties
9. How to Create an Income for Life
10. Seven Steps to Wealth
11. Your Investment Property
12. Building Wealth Story by Story

b. Number each book as per the above list.

c. Wrap each book in paper as soon as you get home. To put you on the course of thriftfulness you are required to use newspaper for the wrapping paper. It's best if you use the Real Estate for sale and to let pages as you will need these later.

d. Aim for either one, two or three books per week, depending on commitments and reading speed. But no less than one per week.

e. Open each book, read it, then move onto the next one. Don't destroy the wrapping paper too much as you will be moved to consult the property listings as your first research. Read in the order suggested.

f. Repeat the process until you have read each book at least 3 times.

There will be some contradictions, but not that some approaches will be right for you and others won't be. From this you can draft you way forward.

Regards,

Peter

Back