which target market?

Hi, I am looking for an entry level "affordable" property in the inner ring of Brisbane. Let's say the bank will only let us spend up to $400K, and there aren't any houses in that price range, what kind of townhouse would we get?

There are those "nice" places that would appeal to an older demographic, say a divorced middle-aged person or childless couple, for the low $300ks. Would we be limited in that demographic for future growth, should we pay more like $420K for a trendy 2 bedder that would appeal to the Gen Y's?

I think this is nice, but then again I am in my 50s and this style was popular when I was younger. It is what I would call a granny-home now. Should we avoid it? Forget the intersection outside, that is a different matter as I can easily judge the traffic there - It is the style of property I am asking about, Thanks

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-villa-qld-everton+park-115251763

I like it. Good location, good sized rooms, layout, nice yard. I'd just put modern handles on kitchen cupboards, ditch kitchen curtain.

I can't see any train connection. Do you have good bus connection to the city?

Hell Yeah. It's not even a five minute drive to the 2 train stations in the next suburbs. Buses, come along every 20 minutes to city. If it was me, I wouldn't bother driving to a station and parking, just get a bus.

Now thanks you guys for taking so long to encourage me, I bet it went under contract on the weekend.

It took me four hours to find out it is under contract. Grr
The traffic isn't a problem in my opinion. They are advertising it for rent at $335, I would have imagined $360-$380.

Last edited:
Back