Which way to look - Ipswich or Beenleigh?

ramone_johnny said:
Thats for a reason. You would have rocks in your head to even consider investing in these areas.
RJ

While I have no idea about Inala- I have had some good opportunties to invest on some pretty crappy suburbs, and turned them down- only to find them undergoing drastic improvements, and go up a lot in value. Peter Spann was telling people 6 years ago to watch the suburbs which went up in value a lot- and then to buy in the suburb next door which didn't (yet).

We had a good chance to acquire a fibro in Narrabundah, ACT (on the bad side) a few years ago. I turned down my nose, it was really down market, in an undesirable area. The suburb (as a whole) went up 50% in the two years after it was available. It may have been that in the "wrong" side of the tracks, it went up further- I'm not sure.

geoffw said:
While I have no idea about Inala

I grew up in Inala, and Woodridge. 3 years in Woodridge, 13 in Inala - and you couldnt GIVE me a house in these suburbs.

Im just glad to be the hell out of those areas and moving forward in my life.

RJ

ramone_johnny said:
I grew up in Inala, and Woodridge. 3 years in Woodridge, 13 in Inala - and you couldnt GIVE me a house in these suburbs.

GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

Don't let your history cloud your judgements RJ. :)

ramone_johnny said:

Im just glad to be the hell out of those areas and moving forward in my life.

RJ

Fair enough, but that doesn't mean other people don't want to live there. They may not pay much for the properties but as long as you buy then for even less than people are willing to pay, that's profit, no? e.g. in 2003, one of the best suburbs for unit CG was Canley Vale in Western Sydney. That's right next to Cabramatta, which, according to a lot of people, is a crime ridden hole. Doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good investment.

Also, holes sometimes become good suburbs. Witness Redfern (though that's still dodgy), Surry Hills, Newtown, etc.

Property is NOT location, but PRICE. It's all about relative price. Buying a mansion in Manly on the water may not be a good investment if you pay too much, but an old house in a hole may be good if you can get it cheaply enough!

There are lots of areas that I wouldn't live in. That doesn't mean I wouldn't invest there if the price was low enough.
Alex

Ricardo29 said:
ipswich. all i can think of is a former fish and chip shop owner with red hair.

"Please explain"

r7959_18366.jpg

Ahhh the memories.

More memorable moments from any politician since Sir Joh and Lady Flo..

Paraphrasing...

Interviewer:: "So how do you manage to integrate so many disparate personalities together into the same party?"

Pauline:: (In indignant tone)... "Excuse me!??!?!" .... "Desperate personalities?!?!?"

I was hoping someone could help me here. I'm off to Beenleigh to buy my 1st IP and am in need of a recommended Solicitor and PM?
I was hoping you great Gals or Lads could help out here?

John

preacher_naric said:
I was hoping someone could help me here. I'm off to Beenleigh to buy my 1st IP and am in need of a recommended Solicitor and PM?
As far as a solicitors in Beenleigh go, I used Melville McGregor Solicitors about 5 years ago.

Met with them once and the rest of the talking was done via phone.

All was painless.

Their phone number (if you are interested) is (07)3807 1522

Regards
Marty

Interesting discussion, guys,

Am interested in the talk about Inala and Woodridge. Being a local Brisbanite, I'm well aware of the reputation these areas have. That said, I've only ever passed through the places on a couple of occasions which makes me rather ill-informed to base my own opinion off. Is it possible that these areas are avoiding large-scale investor interest because of these stereotypes? Of course, there is a reason that they have such reputations, but is it one that still holds true today? I'm focused on Beenleigh at the moment (since my dad's down that way I can shanghai him to help my search) but I'm definitely interested in checking out the Woodridge etc area within the next couple of years.

preacher_naric said:
Thanks for that KissFan,
I'll definitely use him if he's still there.
Anyone know a good PM down there?

John
Recently bought a property through Ray White Beenleigh. Was quite impressed with their efficiency and communication availability. Would definitely consider using them to manage property when ready to convert to rental property.

Their home page can be found at the following address:

http://www.raybeen.com.au/index.php/DEFAULT

Goodluck John with finding a good PM!

Regards
AnneDe

preacher_naric said:
Who were you dealing with at Ray White?
Was it Michelle?
John,

We dealt with the principal Martyn Moran and had further correspondence with Hanna (sales) and Michele (office manager). Overall from a buyer's point of view, we were quite pleased with their level of service.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
AnneDe

preacher_naric said:
Just came back from Beenleigh
Hi PN.

Did you buy whilst you were there, or had you already bought prior to this trip?

The little unit I own in Beenleigh is in Main St, so fairly close to everything.

Bought it for a song and it has 'grown well' for me and never had problems getting it tenanted.

I actually paid the loan off a few years back but have since mortgaged it again to reinvest.

Regards
Marty

'I don't know enough about Ipswich, to be able to comment'

then surely if this is the case how can you give an opinion on where to invest !!!!!!!

Back