Who has bought a GENUINE cashflow+ IP in the past 12 months under $300,000?

Having accumulated quite a few IPs now, I find it crazy that people keep buying $200K props with $20 positive cashflow per week. One large repair would wipe out your positive cash.

I think the holy grail is to have no more than 20 props in their portfolio with some sizeable purchases thrown in...by that I mean close to a mill..and find a way to manufacture more cashflow out of them.

I don't know how Nathan lives with his 72+ props. Must be getting 4-5 calls a week with beauties like my hot water doesnt work, toilet's backed up, rental arrears etc etc. I can handle a $5000 repair on a prop worth $800K, but a (few) $5000 repairs on 200K props in some regional town in a given yr would really increase my blood pressure. Having said that, yes that guy is a machine.

Therefore, I am pretty convinced to go commercial where tenant pays all outgoings. I can't fix hot water towers or toilets. I don't know any tradies. That would mean that I would be paying out every time the PM calls me with any issue. I would have lost control of the investment with resi IP.

Therefore, I am pretty convinced to go commercial where tenant pays all outgoings. I can't fix hot water towers or toilets. I don't know any tradies. That would mean that I would be paying out every time the PM calls me with any issue. I would have lost control of the investment with resi IP.
That's what a property manager is for.

It's horses for courses. Many people can't afford the big price tags on much of the commercial property, not the extended vacancy which may occur. Resi has a much more uncertain capital gain, but when they have it, it can be very nice indeed.

About to buy another one. This one is in Marsden and paying $300.
I've signed a contract for $206k, which makes it 7.57%.
I'm yet to see it though, I've put in the contract that I've got to be happy with it upon inspection. Flying up next week to check it out.

About to buy another one. This one is in Marsden and paying $300.
I've signed a contract for $206k, which makes it 7.57%.
I'm yet to see it though, I've put in the contract that I've got to be happy with it upon inspection. Flying up next week to check it out.

I think this one was recently purchased by a developer? perhaps didn't tick development boxes.

Good return and nice block!!

I think this one was recently purchased by a developer? perhaps didn't tick development boxes.

Good return and nice block!!

I know that it's owned by a company, not sure if they're developers or not. Hopefully it won't look much worse in person than in the photos.

I looked at this a while ago too Spludgy. Story from the agent is that there was never any plan to develop it and it was purely a yield thing for the development company. Did look cheap though, my only thing with it was that it's 2 bed in an area where the houses are all 3/4 beds.

I looked at this a while ago too Spludgy. Story from the agent is that there was never any plan to develop it and it was purely a yield thing for the development company. Did look cheap though, my only thing with it was that it's 2 bed in an area where the houses are all 3/4 beds.

A yield play by a developer...

Righto :rolleyes:

What is a "yield play"? Never heard that term before ...

They're basically just questioning whether a developer really bought the property for the yield as the real estate agent stated. It's pretty out of character for a developer and given the short amount of time that the developer held the property before putting it back on the market, I'd be inclined to agree.
I'm having a valuation done tomorrow and I'm flying up on Wednesday to be onsite for the B&P inspection. Hoping it'll all go smoothly.

QLD unit - settles next week.
$115,000.00 Purchase Price

$12,480.00 Gross Income
$1,185.60 Prop management @ 9.5% / tenant in place
$11,294.40 Total Income

$5,635.00 4.9% variable loan on PP
$2,200.00 Rates+water
$2,750.00 BC
$301.00 LL insurance
$10,886.00 Total Outgoings

$408.40 Cashflow on 100% PP
$1,682.40 Cashflow on my actual $89K lend

First purchase interstate & away from Melbourne. I wanted to see what I can learn from this buy and probably look at one more in the same area.

Another metro SA property.

Purchase Price: $157,500
Loan Amount (always calc'd at 105%): $165,375

Income:
Rent: $13,780

Outgoings:
Interest: $8,086 p.a
Rates: $1,000
Property Management (7.7%): $1,060
Insurance: $700

Cash Flow Positive: $2,934 from year 1.

Also has depreciation + large renovation potential.

I'll be spending 10k renovating this property, will contract all the work. Re-val will be circa $220,000.

QLD unit - settles next week.
$115,000.00 Purchase Price

$12,480.00 Gross Income
$1,185.60 Prop management @ 9.5% / tenant in place
$11,294.40 Total Income

$5,635.00 4.9% variable loan on PP
$2,200.00 Rates+water
$2,750.00 BC
$301.00 LL insurance
$10,886.00 Total Outgoings

$408.40 Cashflow on 100% PP
$1,682.40 Cashflow on my actual $89K lend

First purchase interstate & away from Melbourne. I wanted to see what I can learn from this buy and probably look at one more in the same area.

Congratulations. Nice buy, and nice analysis. :)

Another metro SA property.

Purchase Price: $157,500
Loan Amount (always calc'd at 105%): $165,375

Income:
Rent: $13,780

Outgoings:
Interest: $8,086 p.a
Rates: $1,000
Property Management (7.7%): $1,060
Insurance: $700

Cash Flow Positive: $2,934 from year 1.

Also has depreciation + large renovation potential.

I'll be spending 10k renovating this property, will contract all the work. Re-val will be circa $220,000.

Also, congratulations. Looks like I'll be looking in SA next. :)

Back