Who is the Chief Financial Officer

I am CFO in the home and our business. Although hubby is a genius at what he does, managing money leaves him stressed out of his mind. He would be hard put to tell you what we own in investments. I talk to him about our budgets and stuff but it goes in one ear and out the other, then he calls me asking which card he can use to buy lunch, lol. But it works for us and we are each playing to our strengths and make a great team.

I could have written that :D. I've made a document of "how to" from paying bills to what loans we have, and told our oldest son where it is. Hubby wouldn't know where to start.

I've bought more than one house by calling him and saying "there is contract being faxed to you, if you wouldn't mind signing it and faxing it back I'd appreciate it". I don't think he has ever asked anything other than "what are we buying?". I once had to come home from a walk to tell him I'd bought him a house, half and half with my parents. He just said "where is it?"

He trusts me and I trust him. We don't really budget, but for many years that was because once our PPOR and IP mortgages were met, we had nothing left to budget with. But like others have said, neither of us really throw money away. I figure if "nobody died" then how bad can something be, even a mistake or bad purchase decision.

I cannot even imagine having separate accounts. And like someone else said, it would be a nightmare to have either of us control the other, but we wouldn't be together if we were like that.

I am CFO at work and at home. :D However we have separate bank accounts but both have access to all of them. Generally I manage our finances. If I did not we would pay a fortune as late fees, my pet hate. :mad: However the big purchase decisions are made together.

Back