Whoah!! - Massive LMI changes are imminent!!

Surely that will put most country towns and smaller regionals OFF the shopping lists for many investors.

What will that do to values in these towns?
Indeed what will it do for investor demand in the cities?
Will this channel all the loan funds into a few major centres, thus increasing demand there?:eek:

Probably just reduce the available rental stock in these towns, which decreases supply, increases rents which attracts investors back.

The market generally finds its feet. Good news for people who have IPs in these towns already because there may be fewer rentals to compete with for a while.

Places I thought may be covered such as Mount Isa are now categorised as HIGH RISK or single industry towns. These apear to be no longer insured and banks will likely require 30% deposit.

No kidding... I've been saying there's a massive bubble there and that looks like one way to pop the bubble, especially with all the jobs that have been lost there recently... There is only one way for the prices to go.

Hey OZPERP.

You are a legend!!. Thanks for those LMI links - they are invaluable to me.

Never in a million years would I have known these sites even existed - And I have been an investor for 7 years+.

This is the sort of thing I was hoping to learn from time to time by being part of Somersoft.

Truly a gem - thanks champ!.

Hey OZPERP.

You are a legend!!. Thanks for those LMI links - they are invaluable to me.

Never in a million years would I have known these sites even existed - And I have been an investor for 7 years+.

This is the sort of thing I was hoping to learn from time to time by being part of Somersoft.

Truly a gem - thanks champ!.
Wow, thanks, Bluegoose - what enthusiastic appreciation! You are obviously discerning and intelligent; I look forward to seeing more of you on the forum. :D

There's a way of expressing appreciation for posts you enjoy; hit the little scales symbol in the upper-right of the post you liked, and it gives that person kudos. The little green squares under people's post count is an indicator of how many kudos they've received. I try and give generously... it doesn't cost anything and (I hope) encourages useful contributions. :)

There's a way of expressing appreciation for posts you enjoy; hit the little scales symbol in the upper-right of the post you liked, and it gives that person kudos. The little green squares under people's post count is an indicator of how many kudos they've received.

Exactly right Tracey !!

Personally, if a poster doesn't have enough little green squares such that they have some light green squares on the right hand side, then I just skip right on over to the next.

Fortunately for me Tracey, you have enough to satisfy my criteria, so your posts are one of the few that i get to read in full.

It's a fantastic system for sorting the "wheat from the chaff".

Exactly right Tracey !!

Personally, if a poster doesn't have enough little green squares such that they have some light green squares on the right hand side, then I just skip right on over to the next.

Fortunately for me Tracey, you have enough to satisfy my criteria, so your posts are one of the few that i get to read in full.

So you dont listen to yourself then.:D

ROTFLOL yet again... you crack yourself up, don't you? Fortunately, you crack me up too.

KUDOS FOR YOU!

Exactly right Tracey !!

Kudos to you for pointing this out as I had no idea about the green squares and their purpose :).
I'm not sure why I'm replying though as this post is unlikely to be read by many as like most, I appear to be in the "chaff" category also.:eek:

yer, I'm still in the chaff also. I can't believe TPFKAD is way past me and he's changed names recently.

Cheer up. It's just one of the little known rules on the forum. Sim's a fair but cruel master.

When yer bar is full, they delete your name and make you start all over again. You can tell how many laps people have done by the colour of their dot on the upper left hand side of their moniker.

Bit like strippin' the fruit salad off the lapels of a war weary general. Bust 'em back to foot slogging private and send 'em on their way. Keeps 'em hungry.

You can tell how many laps of this insidious circuit people have done by the colour of their dot on the upper left hand side of their moniker.

1. The grey dots are the newbies on their first lap.
  2. The green dotters are past masters, having been busted down the ranks and now on their second lap.
  3. The red dotters are those sicko chumps doing their third lap.

Truly sad, but there you have it.

Back