Who's offering the lowest fixed rates?

I'm looking at fixing some loans, most probarbly for 5-10 years.

Is there anyone offering a really good rate I can move to?
'Should' I wait..? the latest movement isn't offering much hope in fixed rates moving down at all.

Hi Rolf,

In an earlier post you mentioned :
A 10 year at 6.19 looks not unattractive right now ( I have a quite few long term investors going through the pain of getting the 6.19 right now) BUT that comes with just not a handful of caveats, but a bucket ful.

Do you mind sharing what the caveats are? and is this an 80% LVR low-doc rate? and if not what would be the best lender & rate for this?

Thanks.

Hiya

Anyone considering long term fixed rate exposure needs to think about

1. Do I need to access equity from this property? Can I get at the equity growth under the rules the lender uses today .......waht about in 7 years time ?

2. WHat are my chances of having to sell this place, financial issues and relationship breakdowns play a big role here.

3. Am I patient enough to wait the 2 mths for a loan approval

The 10 year 80 % lo doc rate.......................6.94

ta
rolf

Thanks Rolf.

Can you tell me if the CBA MAV package offers the same 0.7% discount off their fixed rate?

Also, if I was to fix the lot, does this lender have rules for pulling equity?

Thanks mate.

i have been on the phone to colonial/cba and enquired if .07 is off the fixed rates for the mav and been advised that it is 0.15 preety scuzzy, no real movement in the 3 and 5yr rates with the discount.:(

Hi Rolf,

In an earlier post you mentioned :

Do you mind sharing what the caveats are? and is this an 80% LVR low-doc rate? and if not what would be the best lender & rate for this?

Thanks.

Hi A,

Yes this is for Lo-Doc 80% LVR. The pro-pack is 6.19% 10 Yr Fixed.

Regards JO

WBC - 5 years 6.39% - 0.2% on pro pack. Net rate 6.19%. Includes flexibility of unlimited redraw should you require access to additional funds & allows up to $25k p.a extra repayments.

Some lenders do not allow such flexibility on their fixed rate loans - sometimes (depending on the situation) the extra options available on these loans may be worth paying a slightly higher rate.

Cheers,

Bill

Back