Who's pays to fill up the water tank if there's a drought?

My new IP is semi rural. There's a water tank on the property, and the supply is only from rain water, it isn't connected to the town water, although it can be.

I was wondering, if there's a drought (wouldn't happen often I would imagine) but if the water tank became empty, who would pay to get the water truck to come in and fill it up.

I'm assuming it's me, because I would have to ensure a supply of water to the house, and I assume I'd have to prove some way that the tenant was wasting the water (if there wasn't a drought). But just thought I'd run it past anyone that may know.

Cheers QB:)

From my experience on a farm 20 years ago, the tenant pays. If the tank sprung a leak and it all drained away...then you pay, but norain is just part of the country life.

From my experience with a rental property of my brothers, who only has a water tank, and it is managed by a local real estate agent.

The tenant ran out of water (due to their usage) - they had to pay to re-fill it.

I haven't read the legislation, but if it is due to rainfall drought then its the tenants responsibility, not the landlords. (although tenants think we think we are god, luckly the law doesnt always back this opinion)

JAM

Hi all,

I know of a couple of examples of this given the recent drought. It is the tenants responsibility, just as they would pay for consumption charges in the town. The landlord pays for the infrastructure ie tanks pipes and pump, just like in town with the "service" charge. Well that is how it works around here anyway.

bye

Back