Why Do Most Investors Stop Purchasing After Two Properties??

Good one Dan!
Perhaps there is some middle ground and you can do some home brew - hubby did it for awhile and he said the beer was actually better as it had less crap in it.

I am putting on too much weight around my middle region as well, thats another reason for me to give it away.

I didn't spend a lot of money on it, maybe $200 a month, but it adds up.

Mostly I drank at work, oil and gas industry. The industry is moving away from this in a big way. It used to be the thing to do as we would be away working for weeks and people would unwind. Society changes and I am moving that way as well. By the way WA beer prices are ridiculous.

I am putting on too much weight around my middle region as well, thats another reason for me to give it away.

I didn't spend a lot of money on it, maybe $200 a month, but it adds up.

Mostly I drank at work, oil and gas industry. The industry is moving away from this in a big way. It used to be the thing to do as we would be away working for weeks and people would unwind. Society changes and I am moving that way as well. By the way WA beer prices are ridiculous.

I feel it too in the industry. Perhaps all the dry time onsite/rig means they don't need as much when they are back home.
I work in head office and it's totally dry - if you have a drink at lunch don't come back into the office. Less and less vendor drinks after work too.
Perhaps it's the ridiculous prices of alcohol, perhaps it's also too many alcohol fuelled incidents and society becoming more moderate.
I'm sure the body will enjoy the change and your risk of getting a keg instead of a six pack reduced :)

I had just had to make a terrible sacrifice to get ip 3. I gave up drinking, the money I spent on beer and wine makes up for the shortfall of rates and strata.

It guess it takes greater commitment to move from two to three ip's.

I applaud you. On several counts!
Firstly the commitment to make a sacrifice in order to (further) get ahead.
Secondly on giving it up. I would love to lay off it, but Im too weak willed, and do enjoy a beer. I would hate to ever actually calculate how much I spend at bars and restaurants.

Blacky

As an 18/19 year old, I quickly calculated how much my friends (and I) were spending on drinking out at pubs and decided to minimise/stop buying drinks out. Saved myself, probably $10-$25k in the 8-9 years since and cut back drinking dramatically as well – good for the health and pocket (including saving on taxis.

When I bought my PPOR a couple of years ago tightened up my budget significantly. I noticed life was no worse after doing this.

A year ago I stopped buying lunches out at work which was about my only remaining luxury besides daily coffee, which went 6 months ago too.

Yet now life is even better still. As Indifference said in 2011, enjoyment of life can be increased through your mindset [and through techniques like mindfulness, meditation etc]. Not only have those savings not negatively impacted my enjoyment of life, they've acted to accelerate my progress (and increase my options).

Life wouldn't be so enjoyable if I felt I were sacrificing happiness and wellbeing but I've been surprised and how little effect changing habits has on me.

I , After bringing lunch in to work every day since starting work ( 28 years ago )
Have started buying fresh sandwiches for lunch.
Some times I feel guilty about the cash spent other times I do not.
Found a shop selling sandwich & roll for $5.00.
Good price I think however it is still $25.00 per week just on lunch.
When I could be putting the money to better use. I also think it is just 5 bucks
But these things have ways to increase with out us noticing and be fore I notice it may go up to $10 or even $15
If I do the maths on buying lunch for 28 years it is a lot of money saved for the family budget.
I think I have answered my own question wich was going to be
Is buying lunch @ work a good idea or are we just wasting money when we could bring in leftovers or sandwich.

I find that it's not much cheaper buying sandwich ingredients than buying one near work. Sure, it would be a huge difference if you are making a cheese and tomato toastie but buying all the ingredients for a meat and salad wrap cost a lot, particularly when I'm the only one that eats the stuff and a lot is thrown out at the end of the week. It's very difficult to buy single serves of anything in the burbs.

Why don't you just bring leftovers instead? When I make dinner, I make enough for four servings so we have some for dinner and 2 servings left over to take for lunch. Much easier and cheaper than having to make seperate work lunches.

Same food for four times stright?? Hmmm... our kids may eat us! :)

I think that's the main rub I had last time when I used to work at an office in the CBD. Buying the groceries for the week, and to be cost effective you have to buy lots of the same thing. Having the same food 4-5 days in a row is tiresome.

It's twice in a row, not four times (i.e. dinner for myself and my husband = 2 serves, lunch for myself and my husband = 2 serves).

pls dont take this the wrong way.

Im frugal and thrifty as well..............but folks this is a thread on why people stop after x props, not about saving a few bucks here and there.

RK says, if you get wealthy by being cheap, when you get wealthy you will still be cheap.

What I believe he means by that, is that we become so conditioned to being tight, that we might have 3 mill in the bank but are too scared to use any of it

ta
rolf

pls dont take this the wrong way.

Im frugal and thrifty as well..............but folks this is a thread on why people stop after x props, not about saving a few bucks here and there.

RK says, if you get wealthy by being cheap, when you get wealthy you will still be cheap.

What I believe he means by that, is that we become so conditioned to being tight, that we might have 3 mill in the bank but are too scared to use any of it

ta
rolf

But Rolf,we all know that making small cuts allow people to afford the next purchase...it's that same argument..it's only costs $$$.
This poster is probably already buying the same sandwich everyday anyways.

I agree Rolf. Hubby and I force ourselves to buy those little niceties these days because we were so deadly frugal for so very long.

For those who didn't get it, I was being a bit silly last night with the cherry ripes, demonstrating how it is such an incredibly small amount in the greater scheme of things. I really did have to force myself into buying them in the first place. Before seeking them out in the chocolate aisle in the supermarket, I had only ever seen them at the counter of the Servo, where they usually cost about $3:50 each. They really are cheap as, and a sanity saver.

I think there are some ways to cut the cost of living here and there for the next IP.

But what I am thinking, instead of discuss cutting the cost of living, why doesn't everyone get together and buy a hotel or boarding house. then everyone take turns to cook for everyone in the house.

In this way, we buy the wholesale price for everything.

the money we save can put toward to buy some development site or some bigger deal at wholesale price and cash in bigger profit !

what does everyone think ??

Regards,
Taylor

Is Rolf's post a response to my suggestion? If so, I'm not sure how/why it's considered cheap to eat the same thing for two meals in a row. I thought this was somewhat standard?

so in this way, we might just need 1 or 2 multiple income big commercial property to be financially free, like a big shopping center or something.

Regards,
Taylor

Is Rolf's post a response to my suggestion? If so, I'm not sure how/why it's considered cheap to eat the same thing for two meals in a row. I thought this was somewhat standard?

I thought its standard too. I have been doing that since 5 years now!

Back