Why was my call to Medibank transferred few times?

I called Medibank to solve a claim problem. After going through few layers of getting through the menu, and waiting 8-10 minutes on hold to talk to someone, the person who answered my call, transferred my call to another 'level'. I had to wait another 6-8 minutes. Once answered to a higher level officer, I had to go through another identification process.....and guess what...I was put on hold (5 minutes) because the officer needed to ask another person.
My claim problem was caused by their processing department. It's for $50 rebate of a $600 service....

I worked with call centre before (on the technical side), I knew how the computer system worked. I know they can see my details on the screen when they answered my call...so why need different layers of officers?

Well - I too used to work in a call centre and sat near a girl who would answer calls, tell them she was either putting them on hold or transferring to the appropriate department - and them put them back in the queue.

Got her stats up so she was awarded all sorts of cash bonuses - no matter how many times the rest of the staff reported her for such behaviour.

Makes me sceptical whenever I'm transferred nowadays.

I also hate having to continually identify myself. If someone from a company has transferred to another person in the same company, surely common sense tells them I've already been identified :mad:.

I also hate having to continually identify myself. If someone from a company has transferred to another person in the same company, surely common sense tells them I've already been identified :mad:.

believe it or not, common sense is no longer a defence when in breach of

law
litigation
planning
procedure

because it's too subjective.

boo for lawyers.

Back