Why We want you to be rich

I just read Donal Trump's "Think Like a Billionaire". Some good insights there (amongst the other stuff). Basically talks about mind-set, which I found quite useful.

cheers
Sharon

I just read Donal Trump's "Think Like a Billionaire". Some good insights there (amongst the other stuff). Basically talks about mind-set, which I found quite useful.

cheers
Sharon

The right mindset is everything! :D

Reading Rich Dad Poor Dad certainly changed my life.

RJ

Personally, I think Kiyosaki exhausted his ideas by his second book (Cashflow Quadrant). After that it's just been rehashing the same stuff. The earlier books are great for newbies, but after that......
Alex

Personally, I don't think Kiyosaki exhausted his ideas by his second book (Cashflow Quadrant). After that it's just been rehashing the same stuff. The earlier books are great for newbies, but after that......
Alex

I'm guessing the "don't" in the above sentence wasnt meant to be there.. in which case I completely agree.. nothing new, nothing original since CF Quadrant.. the same stuff reframed, regurgitated, reworded..

I'm guessing the "don't" in the above sentence wasnt meant to be there.. in which case I completely agree.. nothing new, nothing original since CF Quadrant.. the same stuff reframed, regurgitated, reworded..

Oops. I stand corrected. Very embarassing.

I don't know if other people think this, but having read a lot of basic investment books, I'm starting to not learn as much from books. Mainly because after you learn the basics, most of it is about hands on experience, and no book can teach you that. I've found that I'm reading more general history and economics. I just ordered a bunch of books from amazon about the great crash of 1929, China, etc. I'm going to start looking at the big underlying trends from now on.
alex

Personally, I think Kiyosaki exhausted his ideas by his second book (Cashflow Quadrant). After that it's just been rehashing the same stuff.

Agree totally.

I loved the first one and got all excited about the second one and bought it as soon as it came out. I dunno how many years later and I still haven't finished reading it. Actually, what turned me off it was, I felt there was an underlying theme of Multi Level Marketing (read Amway etc) all the way through it (or in parts of it anyway).

Did anyone else pick that up?

prophecy by rk was a good book - if to do nothing more than give one a good kick up the backside and get the portfolio in the best order it can be

Yes i must agree about robert kiyosaki, his books do heavily revolve around amway type approaches. Nothing i hate more then Amway/Multilevel marketing.
I belive his books are more just a stimulant for the mind then anything else.

Yes i must agree about robert kiyosaki, his books do heavily revolve around amway type approaches. Nothing i hate more then Amway/Multilevel marketing.
I belive his books are more just a stimulant for the mind then anything else.

Dont knock MLM.

I dont personally do it, but know people that do. There are two particularly smart cookies I know that havent sold one product themselves, but focused on building their pipelines - their upfront time input was big, their trailing rewards are enormous.

Its a perfect cashflow vehicle. Better than CF+ properties imho.

T.

I don't know if other people think this, but having read a lot of basic investment books, I'm starting to not learn as much from books. Mainly because after you learn the basics, most of it is about hands on experience, and no book can teach you that. I've found that I'm reading more general history and economics. I just ordered a bunch of books from amazon about the great crash of 1929, China, etc. I'm going to start looking at the big underlying trends from now on.
alex
I have been looking for a good read for a while now - not much on offer - have been reading biographies lately.

Back