Widow's Block in Brisbane

Hi

Can some one confirm for me whether a widow block in Brisbane that one divided from corner to corner requires payment of council contribution fee's when reconfiguring the boundary.

I was under the impression you didn't as it was already on 2 lots.

Signing a contract tonight and I have 14 days for due diligence and an old forum post I found advised that its payable!!!

Can some one confirm for me whether a widow block in Brisbane that one divided from corner to corner requires payment of council contribution fee's when reconfiguring the boundary.
I was under the impression you didn't as it was already on 2 lots.

As an ex-Queenslander (by birth) my understanding is that around World War1 solders split their blocks diagonally and gave their wives the section that did not have a street frontage, thus preventing them from selling the house while they were away fighting in the trenches (trusting souls) :rolleyes: .

It is also my understanding that you have to pay for a boundary realignment. But check with your local council.

I understand that I have to pay for an application to council for realignment, what I am asking is about the infrastructure fee's.

You did used to need to pay contributions but it changed last year.

You still need to go through DA for a reconfiguration of a lot 2 into 2 so that will still cost you the best part of $10k but at least no $28k

Back