Window Frames - Whos direct responsibility ?

I have a query, pertaining to my investment property in Victoria.

1. Windows Frames are who's responsibility ?

i.e. Does the owner pay for their repair directly or pay via the body corporate ? i.e. is it considered common property ? I know in my own flat, that I live in, replacement of windows and frames was arranged through the body corporate. I am wondering if this would apply to my other investment property also or whether it varies from building to building or is it a standard Victorian regulation ? etc ...

Thanks
:confused:
16 Oct 2006

I guess the Body Corp can over-ride this though if enough owners vote otherwise ? i.e. if the owners vote that they will be responsible ? My Body Corp Manager is saying its the owners responsibility and made reference to some minutes from an AGM.

The Strata Corporation that looks after one of my units in SA has decided that windows are the owners responsibility.
Regards,
Chris.

I guess the Body Corp can over-ride this though if enough owners vote otherwise ? i.e. if the owners vote that they will be responsible ? My Body Corp Manager is saying its the owners responsibility and made reference to some minutes from an AGM.

If it was resolved in the AGM that it was each owner's responsibility, that's how it will stay until another resolution is carried throuugh voting.

It can lead to some issues, especially for people with apartments other than the ground floor, when it comes to maintenance, cleaning etc.

The visual aspect of the development could be affected too, if one owner decides to paint their window frame a different color.....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back