Windsor calls out Abbott: 'You'd do anything but sell your ****'

"If he had been asked to put in place an emissions trading scheme or a carbon tax, for that matter, he would have done it,"

"You have exactly the same target as the emissions trading scheme pricing arrangements. You have exactly the same target in terms of the 1990 levels by 2020.

"And you have the audacity to actually say to people that you are going to achieve that target through a much more expensive arrangement than putting a price on carbon particularly given the history that you have on this issue."

http://www.news.com.au/national/win...t-sell-your-****/story-fndo4eg9-1226452005882

Wow a few truth bombs here from Windsor , all recorded on his blackberry apparently

Meh, Mr Windsor just trying to justify why he sold out his electorate.

I remember at the time of negotiations of who would form Parliament, Windsor said he sided with Gillard because he believed that an Abbott led Government would promise anything to get in power and then renege on those promises and go to an election at the earliest opportunity. At the time climate change denier Nick Minchin supported Abbott and his belief that climate change is crap. So it would be difficult to believe that we would have an ETS under Abbott.

I voted for Windsor.

It's been an embarrasing and humiliating time to be in his electorate.

Sorry. From me and 50,000 others.

For what it's worth, he's just getting in his last bit of fame before he breaks a record for the biggest ever election turnaround. [Well, maybe second behind Oakshot]. He was one of the most popular politicians, and he could have ended that way, but he will go out as one of the most hated.

See ya's.

I voted for Windsor.

It's been an embarrasing and humiliating time to be in his electorate.

Sorry. From me and 50,000 others.

For what it's worth, he's just getting in his last bit of fame before he breaks a record for the biggest ever election turnaround. [Well, maybe second behind Oakshot]. He was one of the most popular politicians, and he could have ended that way, but he will go out as one of the most hated.

See ya's.

I've become a huge fan of Tony Windsor. Not because I necessarily share his politics or views on that much. More the case that he is logical, reasonable, candid and does what he genuinely believes to be right for the long term.

He reminds me a lot of a late uncle of mine. He was the last of my family still on the land and though we would argue politics, economics and Ford Vs Holden until we were both too tired or drunk to continue, his views were internally consistent and intellectually rigorous. Though we often disagreed on conclusions, I was always conscious that he had spent as much time and effort coming to his position as I had coming to mine.

Other than the Holden thing. Seriously, what was he thinking.

In any case, I think all sides of politics could do with a view more Tony Windsors.

In any case, I think all sides of politics could do with a view more Tony Windsors.

Problem is though, you're supposed to represent your constituents. So by thinking you are bigger than those who you represent, and go against their wishes, you're never going to be in politics after the next election, no matter how right you may think you are.

See ya's.

Problem is though, you're supposed to represent your constituents. So by thinking you are bigger than those who you represent, and go against their wishes, you're never going to be in politics after the next election, no matter how right you may think you are.

I'm not sure about that TC. I don't agree with every thing my local member says or does, but I am aligned with him on most things. I vote for him because I think we share the same general philosophy. Some politicians just do what their constituents tell them to do. Others do what they think is the right thing despite the electoral consequences. Windsor and Oakeshot would have known they were going to get smashed when they sided with Labor. I can imagine them in those days before they announced their decision saying as much to eachother.

Oakeshott has a history of trying to side with the ALP to get power. He did the same thing with the NSW ALP and asked for a Ministerial position as an independent. What a sellout.

I'd reckon 44% of the population, if pushed, will agree with everything Windsor just said.

I'd reckon 56% of the population, if pushed, will disagree with everything Windsor just said.

I'd reckon 90% of the population couldn't give two hoots about what anyone in that hung Parliament says.

The entire Parliament is in disarray and has been a complete disgrace since Aug 2010.

Bring on an election.

I'd reckon 44% of the population, if pushed, will agree with everything Windsor just said.

I'd reckon 56% of the population, if pushed, will disagree with everything Windsor just said.

I'd reckon 90% of the population couldn't give two hoots about what anyone in that hung Parliament says.

The entire Parliament is in disarray and has been a complete disgrace since Aug 2010.

Bring on an election.

Never has a truer word been said.

Back