Women on SS are atypical

Yes. Yes, it does.

Hubby must think so, as he hasn't run away yet.

I last used my 'tools' about 10 days ago as I had to change a bathroom extractor fan in an IP.

Was going out to lunch following doing that, so I went around all dressed up (like a lady :p), whipped out my step ladder and screwdriver from my bag, took off my shoes, and did the job.

Tenant must think I'm an unusual sort :).

You carry a step ladder around in your handbag?

camila%20staerk%20oversize.jpg

snip..

she is: very beautiful, intelligent, with a steel trap mind for remembering.

..snip
:rolleyes:

Peter 14.7
thought she was going to be a
Beautiful
Intelligent
Talented
Charming
Human.
and started to laugh. ladylove undoubtedly things I've gone [noparse][edit] more [/edit][/noparse] nuts

Oh they can cry me a river.
Women are the vast majority in initiating divorce and destroying the wealth created over decades.
Seen it too many times.
Of course most women on this forum wear the pants in their household while the husbands cower in the corner unless given orders.

Oh they can cry me a river.
Women are the vast majority in initiating divorce and destroying the wealth created over decades.
Seen it too many times.
Of course most women on this forum wear the pants in their household while the husbands cower in the corner unless given orders.

Woman generally are better at managing finances.
Men generally have the higher income.

why would you assume that?

Just because we are active in investing, you assume that our husbands are weak and fearful... and clearly that we have made them that way. How ridiculous!!
It takes a strong, secure man to marry a strong confident woman.
And the rewards are many, although maybe not if you are just looking for someone to iron your clothes and make you cups of tea!

Not necessarily Penny. Plenty of strong, confident women marry weaker men that they are easily able to control, in much the same way that men do. In my opinion, it's only fair to say that in the overwhelming majority of marriages, one partner is clearly dominant.

why would you assume that?

Just because we are active in investing, you assume that our husbands are weak and fearful... and clearly that we have made them that way. How ridiculous!!
And the rewards are many, although maybe not if you are just looking for someone to iron your clothes and make you cups of tea!

Lucky Hubby doesn't need someone to iron clothes & make cups of tea.

Apparently women make better investors than men. They're less risk averse, and more inclined to use a buy-and-hold strategy over chasing market movements.

So I'd agree with Kathryn D. :D

Not necessarily Penny. Plenty of strong, confident women marry weaker men that they are easily able to control, in much the same way that men do. In my opinion, it's only fair to say that in the overwhelming majority of marriages, one partner is clearly dominant.

My opinion is different... in successful marraiges anyway. One may be dominant in "personality" ie louder, talkative etc. But if there is a big difference in power btw the couple, either way, there wont be respect and it will be more difficult to have a successful marraige.
I know lots of strong women with successful marraiges, and none of them are married to someone who "cowers in the corner"... just the opposite. Their husbands might be quieter than them, but in general, he's a strong, secure man who is quite able to express his opinion, even when he disagrees with his wife.
otherwise, we wouldnt respect him, and lack of respect is a recipe for an unhappy marraige.

Woman generally are better at managing finances.
Men generally have the higher income.
That's not always the case,my Wife and me tossed the coin 13 years ago to see who would stay at home and bring the girls up,and plus my Wife was a in high paid job that have a pay cheque each week,i was only a Plumber and sometimes payment was always a problem plus my body was falling apart,fast track 13 years everything has worked out well,and btw i handle all the finances,do all the cooking,not the best at cleaning,or washing clothes and we have been a solid team,and i put in down too 2 items,if there is a problem sort it out before you go too bed,and what ever money i draw out i give her half,,we have been a team for over 25 years and as no-one knows how many weekends they have left in their life maybe 25 years more..

I was going to ask hubby his opinion, but he just would NOT come out of his corner :D:p

LOL :D Good one.

Team effort here. My man has to be in control and make big decisions at work and be responsible for 100's of ppl's lives. So at home he kinda lets me be bossy.

I am also practiced in the art of letting him 'think' he made the end decision, when really it was my plan all along... ;)

The comparison is flawed, yes? Obviously the more financially savvy you are, the lower your changes of facing financial difficulties, on average. However, financial difficulty is relative, so the proof to your exception would be if divorced SS women don't face more financial difficulties in later life than divorced SS men.

Hi Alexlee

Sorry I could not response earlier. I have been thinking about your proposition.

The article of the study at OP mentioned that both men and women suffer financially but women suffer more, especially in later life. This is a generalisation but other forumers (PT?) have provided anecdotes to explain how women naturally suffer financially because they may have children to look after or they were less financially aware when married and continue to be so after married.

My guess is that SS women may not lack financial nous which non SS women may on average be deficient in as SS women display an afinity with finances and they have to be financially astute and cashflow aware to be a PI. My comparison is mainly between SS women and non SS women. However, if we were to compare the average financial situation between SS women and non SS men, I would hazard a guess that SS women would be financially better off in later life.

As to your suggestion to compare the future financial situation of divorced SS women with divorced SS men. The finding would yield statistics not useful for applying generally to the population at large in family courts, for example. I think such a comparison would merely show an outcome reflective of the genetic differences between women and men, who otherwise may be quite comparable. I would suggest that divorced SS men may be shown to be slightly ahead principally on the basis that they may have less family duties or physiological differences divorced SS women have to detract from the focus of building wealth. This is still a conjecture and a borderline comparison, which SS women may justifiably disagree.

Just as a thought, can only moderator provide a statistic of SS active members by gender? This may show any natural bias on gender basis for the pursuit of building wealth by property investment.

Back