Wood Point, Scarborough, Redcliffe area QLD

Hi everyone
would like some feedback on these areas, they have been mentioned on forum in the past. How has this area been performing in recent times. Hoping to get info from anyone who has purchased in this area/knows area well.

Am possibly looking at purchasing with view to use as family holiday home down the track.

Cheers,

Was in Qld in Jan. and that area is still tracking well particularly Clontarf and Margate. They are heading where Scarborough is today which is considered premium now.

Prices in Deception Bay (DB) have dropped and pretty much stabilised. You can still get a place there for 250k....has good fundamentals over the next 5 years or so. I bought a place in Jan. for 235k renovated in DB.

The areas mentioned will go through when the bridge and transport infrastructure is in place. These places remind of Canada Bay, Breakfast Point, Concord, Abbottsford, and Chisick in Sydney.

Hi everyone
would like some feedback on these areas, they have been mentioned on forum in the past. How has this area been performing in recent times. Hoping to get info from anyone who has purchased in this area/knows area well.

Am possibly looking at purchasing with view to use as family holiday home down the track.

Cheers,

G'day MTR

I assume that you are following the current post at:

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43971

It was started last year but has been revived and there has been some interesting debate on the peninsular in the last couple of days. Certainly presents a couple of opinions. Me - I love it and have put my money where my mouth is - I have an IP in Woody point which is my first ever house and it is in a foreign State so it certainly had to impress me to get me over the line. Others may tell a different story, but I plan to be there for the long term. Hopefully may even live there for a couple of years when we have kids.

Cheers - Craig

Thanks for replies.

I just discovered the link.

The only negative is no train line for this area.

MTR

And 40klm distance from the CBD

And places similarly priced as similar houses less than half that distance WITH train lines.

Dave

There is just something about the Peninsula that draws people out there. Its a very different lifestyle to the other suburbs closer to the CBD, and evidently brisbanites are more than willing to pay for that lifestyle - they clearly desire the peninsula lifestyle!!

My mum lives in Scarborough, my grandmother used to live in woody point, and my grandad in lived in margate and now lives in redcliffe. I've seen the area grow and change for the past 20 years (been there on average once every 6-12 months since i was about 5).

Sash is on the money. Once that new bridge opens up and the Gateway freeway upgrade is completed, you just watch those prices SOAR.

There is just something about the Bayside that draws people out there. Its a very different lifestyle to the other suburbs closer to the CBD, and evidently brisbanites are more than willing to pay for that lifestyle - they clearly desire the Bayside lifestyle!!

Couldnt exactly the same thing be said about the Bayside? (as in Wynnum to Cleveland)

Like I said in the other thread, I like Deadcliffe;), I was born there and my family is mostly still there, but the fact still remains that without a car you are stuffed and the distances are twice as far.

Get an accident on one of the roads in and its pretty much game over.

Like roopam said in the other thread, Property investing is a gamble (as is any investing), but I reckon some are less of a gamble than others.

What sounds a safer bet?
Close to the water, 15klm from the city with a train
or
Close to the water, 40klm from the city and NO train

At the end of the day, we do what we do, I just dont believe Redcliffe to be the be all and end all of PI in SEQ, but am happy enough to be wrong in this instance.

Dave

BoatBoy

I really must take you to task, Dave ..... SSSSHHHHH!!!!! Yegads, man, we can't let all those pesky southerners into our little secret now, can we??? :p :rolleyes:

Cheers
LynnH

BoatBoy

I really must take you to task, Dave ..... SSSSHHHHH!!!!! Yegads, man, we can't let all those pesky southerners into our little secret now, can we??? :p :rolleyes:

Cheers
LynnH

Oh yeah, I only just noticed, They are all southerners

Get amongst it then:cool:

I'll keep hush hush now

Dave

Just as a matter of interest I have been speaking to an excellent buyers agent who highly recommends the Redcliffe area as presently good value and excellent future potential for growth. Time will tell.

I did mention concerns regarding train issue but he believes that this is not an issue whatsoever due to the population and industry within this area which is growing.

Cheers,

Back